Admissions Manager (Box Office)
Merlin Entertainments, plc
NY, NY 10062
- Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Jersey at American Dream! Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis. Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Jersey at American Dream!
Position to start February 2020
About The Role Exceptional Admissions Manager who will be passionate about creating memorable experiences for our guests by ensuring and facilitating the delivery of world class customer service through the main focus area of Admissions. Assist guests and help them in purchasing their tickets by communication promotions, combination tickets and annual passes. You will manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience Playmakers. Monitor sales and feedback appropriately to the team to ensure they know their targets and strive to exceed them. Responsibilities: Pre-opening you will coordinate initial planning, preparation and successful opening of the attraction’s Admissions department. Works closely with the IT and POS representative for the set-up and installation of the ticketing systems. Post-opening, you will manage the Admissions department, including ticket sells, and annual passes.
- Demonstrates strong service and sales approach. Coaches and motivates staff to provide the best possible guest experience, and leading by example throughout the attraction to maximize up-sells, product excellence, and more.
- Align closely and regularly with the marketing team to ensure website and POS content best reflects current ticket offers and dynamic pricing strategies.
- Support and inform tactics for pulling mall walk up day-of volume and implement street team tactics to maximize mall footfall.
Passionate about LEGO!
- Loves working with Animals.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- At least 2 years of management experience in an admissions based environment, visitor attraction or retail outlet and have the ability to maintain the highest level of service in high-pressure situations in a busy environment while dealing with guests in an efficient, professional manner.
- Good people management and communication skills are essential to successfully manage the Admissions Team, coupled with the ability to motivate and be an inspirational role model.
- Excellent sales skills are a must while paying great attention to detail and experience of using computerized till systems is also needed.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Education: High school or GED required. College degree preferred.
About The Benefits In return, you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) matching plan offering), and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
About Us Love your Work, Work your Magic.
SEA LIFE is the world’s biggest aquarium. From sharks to sea turtles and jellyfish to seahorses, SEA LIFE Aquarium showcases over 10,000 sea creatures worldwide.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments is the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator and Europe’s number one. We’re a business built on fun, family entertainment, and we put all of our passion into creating magical memories for our guests. When you think we have around 65 million visitors every year, that’s a lot of unforgettable moments!
Merlin Entertainments has more than 120 attractions around the world, ranging from indoor attractions such as SEA LIFE and Madame Tussauds to iconic theme parks like LEGOLAND and Alton Towers Resort.
February 1, 2021 –
HOW TO APPLY