Director of Brand Marketing
Baltimore Center Stage
Baltimore, MD 21202
Baltimore Center Stage seeks a confident, collaborative, innovative, data-driven leader for the position of Director of Brand Marketing. This is an exciting opportunity to lead Marketing Communications in a leading urban regional theater as it leverages a critical point in its and the nation’s history.
The Director of Brand Marketing reports to the Managing Director and Artistic Director and works closely with the Artistic Team. This position will help lead the conversation around and about institutional issues that have theater-wide and regional impact, and shares in the responsibility and leadership of Baltimore Center Stage, while holding responsibility for external communications and management of the Marketing and Communications department. This position will participate in the weekly department heads meeting and will collaborate enthusiastically with a team of dedicated peers in administration, production, development, and artistic departments.
Annual salary $85,000 plus standard company health benefits and paid time off.
The primary responsibility is to leverage a data-driven approach in setting and achieving marketing and communications goals to deliver participation and revenue in support of achieving the institution’s stretching and exciting mission.
The Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for the effective promotion and communication of Baltimore Center Stage’s core mission and programming. This comprises creating and enrolling relevant stakeholders in a departmental vision and developing strategies for the successful implementation of all related activities, including developing the brand, messaging, marketing, advertising, website, social media, collateral materials, and media relations to meet and exceed institutional and ticket sales goals. The position will work lead and manage the marketing communications team, and strategically partner with the Artistic and Managing Directors, senior management, and others throughout the organization to achieve these goals.
· Lead the development of a data-driven marketing strategy that creates strong audience and community loyalty and recognition.
· Manage and execute the presentation and promotion of Baltimore Center Stage’s mission, vision, message, and reputation internally and externally via a differentiated, relevant, consistent, and engaging institutional voice.
· Develop and implement web and e-marketing partnerships and social networking strategy.
· Provide creative direction for all marketing collateral and advertising campaigns, including direct mail campaigns.
· Ensure that Baltimore Center Stage’s work is aggressively promoted on a local and national level.
· Develop, and deliver/overdeliver on stretching revenue goals.
· Serve as a public representative of Baltimore Center Stage.
· Develop and manage the Marketing and Communications budget.
· Participate in Cabinet level meetings working collaboratively with department heads; manage and communicate Trustees reports and information; and serve on the theater’s strategic planning committee, including active participation in the season planning process.
- Cultural Competency: A sophisticated understanding of Anti-Racism principles and practices, and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
- Project Management: The ability to conceive of both the strategy and operational aspects of a project or program, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Relentless Curiosity: The ability to productively question the status quo and engage in solution-oriented, systems-thinking
- Resource Management: The ability to optimize human and financial resources in keeping with core values, and to monitor and forecast program income and expenses with well-reasoned accuracy
- Communication: The ability to communicate transparently and effectively across mediums with an emphasis on interpersonal communication and public speaking
- Relationship Management: Excellent social skills with an emphasis on building and maintaining meaningful and reciprocal external relationships
Key Expectations for Job Performance
· Confident and collaborative. Confidence in one’s own marketing and communications expertise and a commitment to enthusiastically collaborate with the Artistic team, as well as Development and other functions.
· Resilient and adaptable: this is a challenging time in a challenging field. A person who thrives in the uncertainty our world presents and is “up for the challenge” will be a significant asset.
· Experience as a data-driven brand leader, leveraging intimate understanding of existing and new audiences to build long-term, joyous relationships and participation with the institution and its programming.
· A commitment to team member skill building and development.
Characteristics of the next departmental leader may include:
· Passion for the institutional vision as a cultural catalyst, accessible to the entire community.
· A willingness to make a personal investment of time and energy to understanding the unique qualities of the Baltimore context.
· Demonstrated success working collaboratively with Artistic or other creative teams.
· Innovation and creativity: enjoys leading and participating in ideation and experimentation, partnered with accountability.
· Excellent writing and digital skills and a willingness to use them to get the job done personally and to develop others.
Please submit a resume plus an expression of interest in any format (video, audio, written), addressing the following: interest in the position, specific relevant skills, and relevant success stories (for example, case studies, writing samples with results, etc.).
To maintain an equitable process, please do not submit unsolicited candidate recommendations or directly contact Baltimore Center Stage regarding this position. Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every applicant’s resume will be seen by the search consultant, and the Artistic Director and Managing Director. After reviewing all applications fully, the search consultant will select applications to move to forward. The Search Consultant will conduct the first round of interviews, that will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone or Zoom, starting in January. The Search Consultant will recommend applicants for interviews with the Artistic Director and/or the Managing Director, starting in mid-January. Final interviews will take place in February over multiple Zoom meetings with members of the Cabinet and Senior Artistic staff as well as the Marketing and Communications team. An offer is expected to be made in late February.
The position is expected to start April 1, 2021 however the position will remain open until successfully filled.
April 1, 2021 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to adminjobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.