Center Stage Theatre, Inc.
Shelton, CT 06484
Center Stage is a non-profit community theatre founded in 2005 by Gary and Francesca Scarpa. The theatre’s mission is building community one performance at a time through high quality theatrical productions and performing arts education. The organization’s vision is that Center Stage will be an inclusive and intergenerational community-based theater in which quality and affordable performances, stellar educational programming, and meaningful volunteer opportunities are shared and celebrated.
The Education Director will be responsible for developing, organizing, implementing, and marketing all education programs offered at Center Stage Theatre, Inc. The Education Director will be passionate about furthering Center Stage Theatre’s education outreach and programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee and develop all classes and special programs offered through the Center Stage Education Program for both children and adults.
- Long-term strategic planning and vision for education programming
- Work with education staff to develop curriculum for each class and program.
- With administrative staff, assist in creation and preparation of all communication and marketing materials for education programs.
- Organize all education showcases, summer programming and youth performances.
- Generate Education update reports for all board meetings and attend as needed
- Attend public and private events as needed to promote Center Stage, education programs and shows.
Personnel and Administration
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise all education staff, directors, interns, and volunteers.
- Evaluate all teachers throughout and at the end of each program session
- Acquire performance rights, licensing material and class material for all classes and education productions as needed.
- Work with management to develop annual budget and reporting.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed for a clean, safe, secure, and healthy environment for children and families.
- Communicate and coordinate with local school and community officials for after-school and in-school programs that relate to their facility and/or transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of significant demonstrated experience in theater education and administration.
- Strong interest in theatre arts, arts education and developing youth through the arts
- General technology proficiency.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, public speaking, writing and presentation skills.
Center Stage Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, age, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or public assistance status in the recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall and termination of employees. Center Stage is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment.
Please send a resume and letter of interest as a single PDF attachment with your name and “Education Director Candidate” in the subject line.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000176-aa84-d1d6-ab76-af8fe66d0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.