Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications – Media & Public Relations
New York, NY 10036
POSITION: Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications – Media & Public Relations
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
Are you interested in making an impact in the non-profit cultural sector?
Are you a marketing and communications professional seeking to apply your skills, knowledge and leadership to a dynamic and mission-driven organization?
Come join New 42!
New 42 seeks an Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications – Media & Public Relations to grow the organization’s media reach to support institutional and program-specific initiatives. A midtown Manhattan cultural organization, New 42’s mission is to make extraordinary performing arts and cultural engagement part of everyone’s life from the earliest years onwards. We do this work through the New Victory Theater (New York City’s premier theater for kids and families) and New 42 Studios (“Broadway’s secret laboratory”).
● Lead social media and content strategy
● Create exciting narratives for expression on multiple platforms
● Design communications strategies to address stakeholders including staff, artists and audiences
● Collaborate with the executive team on internal and external messaging communicating directly with board, staff and artists to promote institutional initiatives
● Coordinate project plans and calendars
● Write, edit and proofread copy and press releases
In collaboration with New 42’s partnering Public Relations firm:
● Develop and execute global public relations plans
● Direct press events as well as artist and leadership appearances
● Create talking points and provide feedback and coaching for public appearances
● Engage the New 42 Artist Council in programmatic and fundraising initiatives
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, this position is currently remote with a desire for the individual to work with the team in-person when New 42 offices reopen.
● Minimum of 7 years’ experience of media work, preferably within a cultural organization or agency
● Extensive knowledge of arts and culture media landscape and knowledge of the education field a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment
● Interest in working at a nonprofit organization towards an engaging mission
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate, “Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications – Media & Public Relations,” in the subject line.
January 11, 2021 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to careers…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.