Hiring Virtual High School Math Tutors
Seattle, WA 98121
- For the academic term that will run from January to June 2021, we are actively recruiting a world-class high school math tutor for online tutoring.
- This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a top tutor. The tutor will have the chance to join a mission-based education startup at our earliest stage. Our first tutor hire will be a critical team member who will help us shape the future of personalized online learning and pioneer this model globally.
- All work will be done remotely.
- Job Roles: The job of Senior Tutor entails three main roles. Each role will be paid hourly, at the rate of $100/hour.
- Tutoring students virtually in high school level math. (8-12 hours/week) We estimate that our Senior Tutor will work with five students. In each of these sessions, the Senior Tutor will be joined by one Junior Tutor, who will be learning from the Senior Tutor’s teaching style, and eventually joining in to teach part of the lesson. All sessions will be recorded to help us build a resource library for tutors in training.
- Tutor training: (2-3 hours per week) The Senior Tutor will be assigned a group of five Junior Tutors from across the world. One Junior Tutor will join in on each live lesson. Junior Tutors will watch all recorded lessons taught by the Senior Tutor. Additionally, the Senior Tutor will lead group training for their team of five Junior Tutors.
- Training and Material Development: (1-2 hours per week) The Senior Tutor will work with other Senior Tutors and our founding team to help brainstorm and develop training material for our Junior Tutors.
- Expert level knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, and Precalculus. Expertise in Calculus and Statistics is a plus but is not required
- Availability and flexibility to work an estimated 10-20 hours per week, with slightly more or fewer hours, depending on student and venture needs
- Have a 4-year university degree
- Have stable internet connection and have strong experience in online tutoring
- Ideally have some experience training or managing others, and the ability to give constructive feedback
- Be the best of the best, the type of tutor that students remember forever. We are looking for a tutor who has years of experience tutoring or teaching, who students love working with, and who helps students to see steady improvement in grades and test scores.
- Time Commitment:
- We are hiring a Senior Tutor to join us during our six month pilot, which will run from mid-December 2020 or early January 2021 through June 2021.
- We expect the total time for all three job roles to total around 10-20 hours per week. All work will be done remotely.
- We are hoping to find a candidate with a flexible schedule. An Ideal candidate would be open to working slightly fewer or more hours, based on the needs of the startup and the students. Scheduling will be flexible, which allows the tutor to continue working with their own students—or working additional part-time jobs—outside of this venture.
- $100/hour for all work performed—tutoring, training, and administrative. Flexible schedule that the Tutor may set.
For more information, please visit our website, www.tutorbee.com.
January 1, 2021 – June 15, 2021
HOW TO APPLY