Box Office Associate (Part-Time, Temporary, Remote)
Irish Repertory Theatre
New York, NY 10011
Irish Repertory Theatre, a year-round producing company located in Chelsea, Manhattan, recently called “the leader in streaming theater productions” by Theatermania, seeks two part-time remote Box Office Associates to join the team from December 2020 through February 2021. Box Office Associates will report to the Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy and will support ticketing and customer service initiatives associated with Irish Rep’s digital programming. This is a remote position that requires internet and computer access.
A successful candidate is outgoing and personable, customer-experience minded, detail oriented, collaborative, tech-savvy, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all Irish Rep patrons. Due to the nature of the position, some schedule flexibility is required, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Irish Rep is committed to building a creative and collaborative workplace that celebrates the diversity of its artists and staff; applicants of both Irish and non-Irish descent are strongly encouraged to apply. Irish Rep is an equal opportunity employer.
- Process ticket sales from phone and third-party orders.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries, requests, and complaints via phone and email.
- Support box office and digital house management team in pre-show hours with link distribution and audience communication.
- Work with Digital House Manager to create a streamlined customer experience in the livestream chat
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
An ideal candidate has:
- Previous box office experience
- Excellent computer and phone skills.
- Experience in customer service and/or the performing arts
- The ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook), or Google Suite equivalent
- General knowledge of OvationTix preferred
Box Office Associates earn a rate of $20/hour. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an as-needed basis. Box Office Associates may be asked to work 10-15 hours/week during digital performance weeks.
Please submit cover letter with resume and references as attachments to Frances Howorth, Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy, at [email protected]. Please reference “Box Office Associate Opportunity” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
Though we appreciate applicants taking the time to submit materials for consideration, we are a small office and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
December 7, 2020 – February 28, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.