Director of Human Resources
New York, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a full-time Director of Human Resources.
Founded in 1991, Signature celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions by resident playwrights annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing subsidized, affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with the theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
Responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the mission and values of Signature by overseeing talent recruitment, hiring and retention, professional development, training, compensation and benefits, and human resource systems and policies, with a primary focus on equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility across all departments. The Director of Human Resources is also responsible for compliance with governmental regulations, establishing and reviewing organizational human resource and employment policies and provides overall leadership and guidance to support and implement effective short and long-term goals to attain organizational objectives.
The Director of Human Resources reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the senior management team. This newly created position has no direct reports, but is supported by the Finance department. Signature offers a minimum salary of $90,000. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in flexible spending, commuter and 401(k) plans.
To manage human resource priorities of Signature:
With a focus on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility (EDIA):
· Spearheads company-wide EDIA (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility) and anti-racist initiatives in close collaboration with executive leadership and EDIA committee.
· Proactively builds relationships and networks to assure Signature is reaching a diverse network of talented potential employees and Signature serves as an attractive place of employment to prospective and current employees.
· Ensures that strategic planning and support processes are implemented in a way that supports agency, inclusion, and belonging throughout the organization.
· Develops and implements human resource efforts that effectively communicate and support Signature’s mission and strategic vision.
· Guides, administers and documents human resources services, policies, benefits and programs.
· Collaborates with all Signature departments to ensure HR systems and policies meet their needs.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy.
· Provides support and guidance when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and employment issues arise.
· Researches and analyzes trends in compensation and benefits and recommends best practices and procedures to ensure Signature attracts and retains top talent.
· Identifies and creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Oversees employee performance evaluations, disciplinary meetings, investigations and terminations.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance; provides day-to-day direction across the organization to ensure HR policies and practices are consistently applied.
· Organizes required and developmental staff trainings.
· Maintains personnel files, policies, and employee handbook.
· Works with Finance to ensure accurate payroll related actions.
· Supports a culture that promotes learning, creative thinking, collaboration, growth and excellence across the organization.
· Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree OR equivalent experience (5-7 years) in human resources, business, or organizational behavior or related field
· Hands-on experience and passion for spearheading EDIA and anti-racist strategies and facilitating organizational change
· Embraces and values diversity of all kinds, is open to and does not shy away from conversations about racism and equity, and is comfortable working cross-culturally and with various communities
· Success building relationships with diverse networks, and building and managing a diverse talent pipeline
· Excellent management, communication and organizational skills
· Self-motivated; demonstrates proactive leadership skills
· Experience managing compensation and benefit programs, including FMLA and other leave programs
· Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
Please email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to careers…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.