Government and Foundation Relations Assistant
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY 10023
The Assistant is responsible for the preparation of select foundation, government, and special project proposals, liaising with colleagues from Finance to Marketing on proposal elements and ensuring proper crediting on all Met materials. This individual assists in preparation of grant reports and supplemental materials; oversees database records and drafts various types of correspondence; maintains expense tracking documents; and provides support to other members of the Institutional Relations team as needed. The Assistant will also provide administrative support to the Executive Director of Development Strategy and Growth, specifically in the international fundraising area.
- Support Director, Government and Foundation Relations with drafting select proposals, presentations, grant applications, reports, acknowledgements, and other correspondence for funders.
- Coordinate the collection and preparation of supplemental materials and required attachments for institutional funders, specifically for government compliance related to program and capital funding.
- Conduct prospect research for general operating support and program-specific funding, focusing on foundations and government entities.
- Complete all foundation, government, and special project income booking with Finance Department, and manage contribution tracking and acknowledgements
- Update the Met’s official Credit Book, and be responsible for first review of all internal marketing pieces circulated for approval, including Season Book, Playbill, Met Titles, Production Cast Sheets, Opera News Broadcast pages, Live in HD and Broadcast Guide, Press Releases, etc.
- Manage fulfillment of foundation, government, and special project funder benefits, including the annual distribution of benefit packs, Met Broadcast Weekend print/display materials and special requests.
- Manage Department’s ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ documents.
- Utilize Tessitura to create complex invitation lists for special programs for institutional funders
- Assist with coordinating cultivation activities and events, including invitation mailings, confirming guests, vouchering/delivering tickets, making dinner reservations, etc.
- Manage expense tracking and updating database records.
- Support Executive Director, Development Strategy and Growth with administrative tasks as needed.
- Provide occasional administrative support to Assistant Director, Corporate Relations and Director of Corporate Special Projects and Board Members on occasional administrative duties.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2 years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong oral, written and computer skills; knowledge of Excel and Tessitura preferred
- Knowledge of opera preferred
- Strong interest in a career in fundraising
- Superior organizational/time management skills
- Ability to work quickly and adapt readily to changes in priorities
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000175-41dd-d39e-a1f7-55dd4f520000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.