Technical Production Manager
RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a TECHNICAL PRODUCTION MANAGER to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
The Technical Production Manager installs, operates and strikes scenic elements, rigging and automation controls for all productions and ensures maintenance for all production elements is adhered to per manufacturer’s guidelines. Additionally, he/she oversees all elements of the production process inclusive of scheduling and leading the rehearsal, tech and production process onsite and maintaining the efficient and safe operations of all production elements for the duration of the contract including managing the run-of-show. Experience with safe rigging techniques and stage automation control systems is required as well as experience in a leadership role in a theatrical environment.
· Assist in any technical aspects of the productions and installations with the ability to work smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
· Ability to work in a timely manner by adhering to the install/strike schedules executed by Executive Producer.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers, and clients.
· Abide by RWS technical site safety programs to meet industry standards. (i.e. OSHA, Maritime OSHA, ETSI etc.)
· Understanding that the position requires extensive traveling or relocation with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
· Willingness to constantly listen and learn about daily operations from the Executive Producer and/or other RWS staff.
· Attend daily safety meetings.
· Knowledge of large format spectacle driven entertainment a plus.
· Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of general hand and power tools.
· General knowledge of electricity.
· Must have ability to lift and carry over 50 pounds.
· Must have ability to work at a height of 40 feet off the ground with minimal breaks for a lengthy amount of time.
· Experience with counterbalance forklift, telehandler, boom lift is a plus.
· Overnight shifts may be required.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
· At least 2 years of professional technical/production management experience in the entertainment business, preferably with some stage management experience.
· The ability to read and understand floor plans, two and three-dimensional design models, and technical drawings.
· A familiar knowledge of safe theatrical and event construction and rigging practices and regulations.
· Basic knowledge of all technical elements associated with carpentry, lighting, audio, and video production, design and installation.
· Experience with power tools, ladders, lifts, and electricity.
· The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively work with a leader under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Exceptional attention to detail, safety, and excellent analytical, and verbal communications skills.
· Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and get into the details as a team player with a “get things done” proactive attitude.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Strong work ethic.
· Enjoyment for finding creative solutions.
· Strong appreciation for result driven, hard work.
· Familiarity with OSHA safe working practices.
· Loyalty, passion, and integrity.
· Competitive industry pay.
· 6-12 month contracts.
· Paid time off.
· Transportation to/from project location, housing and international health insurance plan will be provided.
· Locations: Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
November 1, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY