Audio & Lighting Supervisor
New York, NY 10014
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
Audio & Lighting Supervisor (Full-time, Seasonal)
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek an experienced Audio & Lighting Supervisor to join the Artistic Programming department in February 2021 to manage the implementation of the audio and lighting elements for all events and performances in our inaugural season. An ideal candidate’s primary expertise will be in audio and they will have a passion for supporting the needs of a wide variety of artists. Candidates with experience working in an outdoor performance venue are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is a full-time seasonal role and reports to the Production Manager.
- Work closely with Production Manager and visiting artists to ensure successful preparation, scheduling, coordination and implementation of all technical work and events.
· Hire, supervise, and train audio and lighting technicians in the preparation, load-in, execution, maintenance and load-out of shows and events.
- Work with the Production Manager to implement safety protocols and monitor compliance.
- Manage seasonal and event specific budgets for audio and lighting.
- Maintain accurate inventories of audio and lighting tools and equipment.
- Coordinate equipment rentals and purchases.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of venue tech specifications.
- Serve as A1 for select Engagement & Education and series events throughout season.
- Participate in achieving Little Island artistic goals by providing consistent and high-quality production support.
What You Bring:
- Experience working with artists and technicians of all disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of sound system design theory, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with live mixing a variety of performance genres including musical performance acts.
- Advanced knowledge of safe rigging practices.
- Knowledge of all aspects of theatrical lighting technologies and experience with a variety of luminaires, dimming and power distribution systems, control systems, L.E.D technologies, and related electrical theory and practical skill.
· A commitment to collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure a holistic experience for visitors and guest artists in a way that encourages camaraderie and connection.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Vectorworks.
· The flexibility to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
· The ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. overhead for a sustained amount of time.
· The ability to ascend/descend ladders.
· Availability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
· Eligibility to work in the US.
· Availability to work February 1, 2021- October 10, 2021
What to Expect
· Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
· Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
· Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
· Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
· Medical, dental & vision care (after a 30-day trial period)
· Eligible for accrued sick leave and holiday pay
· Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
· Commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to apply
Please visit our website www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
February 1, 2021 – October 10, 2021