Marketing & Public Relations Manager
Williamstown Theatre Festival
Williamstown, MA 01267
STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Marketing & Public Relations Manager is responsible for driving the planning and execution of all Williamstown Theatre Festival marketing and public relations efforts. Key duties include the front-footed coordination of all external press activities and the creation and distribution of content for all WTF communications channels, including email, social media, website, web advertisement, print advertisement, press release, direct mail, and other print assets including programs, posters, and signage.
The ideal candidate is an enterprising individual with excellent project management skills, a keen eye for detail, a superior creative aesthetic, acute awareness of the many ways in which a brand successfully communicates with its customers, and a passion for the performing arts and the development of its audiences and promotion of its work.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Drive the planning and execution of all Williamstown Theatre Festival marketing and public relations efforts
· Create and maintain a comprehensive WTF marketing and public relations plan and ensure that all elements of the plan reflect WTF’s commitments to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism
o Produce all assets necessary to support the WTF marketing and public relations plan, on time and on budget, often in-house and sometimes in collaboration with outside contractors
o Distribute all content via proper channels and platforms per the WTF marketing and public relations plan, often in-house and sometimes in collaboration with outside contractors
o Drive all WTF press activities in close collaboration with an out-of-house Public Relations firm based in NYC and develop and cultivate strong working relationships with local press (Berkshire County, Capital Region, Southern VT), pitching stories and servicing their needs in-season and throughout the year
· Embrace the Festival’s commitment to EDI and Anti-racism by actively participating in and encouraging behaviors among staff members that exemplify respect; interrupting microaggressions and other behaviors that hinder our EDI and anti-racism efforts; engaging in the diversification of the workforce; demonstrating a degree of cultural competency that encourages healthy relationships with all company members
· Perform weekly updates and routine maintenance of content on the WTF website
· Monitor and ensure accuracy of WTF show and event listings in external media
· Hire and supervise the summer Marketing Office and oversee the publication of the summer programs (playbills)
· Maintain the press, photo, and video archives and fulfill all internal and external requests
· Uphold WTF’s standard of excellence as it relates to design, messaging, and attention to detail
· Report on marketing and public relations activities as requested or assigned
· Complete other duties as assigned
· Experience working in a fast-paced marketing environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to quickly craft and deliver clear, accurate, and engaging messaging, whether for marketing purposes or in the regular course of business
· Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact well with a variety of personalities and individuals including staff, press, and vendors
· Creative thinker capable of innovating and pivoting quickly
· Capable of handling multiple projects and prioritizing appropriately
· Willingness to work until all tasks have been completed
· Able to foster a cooperative work environment and influence others to perform their jobs effectively
· Availability to work evenings and weekends June through August
· A high level of computer aptitude
· Proficiency in G Suite software (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
· Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media
· Familiarity with Asana or other project management software is preferred
· Familiarity with MailChimp or other email marketing software is preferred
· Familiarity with WordPress or other web publishing software is preferred
· Must maintain confidentiality and security of patron and Festival information
In addition to the duties and requirements listed above, Williamstown Theatre Festival expects the following of each employee: adheres to WTF policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in WTF events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
Salary and benefits package (including health and pension) are commensurate with manager-level positions at the organization.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references (1 professional and 1 personal) online at: https://wtfestival.org/work-learn/full-time-employment/.
WILLIAMSTOWN THEATRE FESTIVAL’S MISSION:
· To produce classic and new plays with distinction and verve, and to present artists with production opportunities and challenges seldom available elsewhere
· To provide a training program in which emerging theater talents collaborate with accomplished mentors in a vital, professional, and educational atmosphere
· To create and present programs that serve and engage a diverse community
Williamstown Theatre Festival continues to listen to the wisdom of anti-racism resources and to the insight of BIPOC artists, administrators, and alumni as we analyze our long history, our past and current practices, and our culture. WTF is committed to acknowledging, addressing, and dismantling harmful practices which impede progress. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates and we welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or ancestry.
Williamstown Theatre Festival is an equal opportunity employer, committed to telling diverse stories and to fostering an inclusive environment both onstage and off.
ABOUT WILLIAMSTOWN THEATRE FESTIVAL: For over six decades, Williamstown Theatre Festival, recipient of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre and the Commonwealth Award for Achievement, has brought emerging and professional theatre artists together to create a thrilling summer festival of premiere work alongside fresh, new productions of the western canon, accompanying cultural events including COMMUNITY WORKS and Late-Night Cabarets, and readings and workshops of new plays. Under Artistic Director Mandy Greenfield, WTF launched the Andrew Martin-Weber New Play and Musical Commissioning Program, through which theatre artists, including Jocelyn Bioh, Nathan Alan Davis, Halley Feiffer, Justin Levine, Matthew Lopez, Jiehae Park, Benjamin Scheuer, and many others, create new work supported by a year-round play development program. WTF runs unmatched training programs for new generations of theatre talent, and artists and productions shaped at WTF fill theatres in New York, London, and around the country each season. Williamstown Theatre Festival’s productions of The Bridges of Madison County, The Elephant Man, Fool for Love, Living on Love, and The Visit enjoyed critically acclaimed runs on Broadway, with The Elephant Man and The Visit receiving Tony Award nominations for Best Revival of a Play and Best Revival of a Musical, respectively. WTF’s world premiere productions of Cost of Living (winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Drama), Actually, Paradise Blue, and Moscow Moscow Moscow Moscow Moscow Moscow played acclaimed Off-Broadway runs. In the abbreviated 2019-20 theatrical season, Williamstown Theatre Festival was represented or scheduled to be represented on Broadway, off-Broadway, and regionally by The Sound Inside, The Rose Tattoo, Grand Horizons, Seared, Selling Kabul, Unknown Soldier, and Lempicka. Visit us at www.wtfestival.org.
HOW TO APPLY