Senior Manager, Brand Management and Music Marketing
New York, NY
CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Theatricals is the world’s most significant theatrical company, comprising the catalogs of R&H Theatricals, Samuel French, Tams-Witmark and The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection. We are the only firm providing truly comprehensive services to the creators and producers of plays and musicals, including theatrical licensing, music publishing, script publishing, cast recording and first-class production.
The chief responsibility of the Senior Manager, Brand Management and Music Marketing is to manage the digital strategy for our 31 social media handles, including but not limited to Rodgers & Hammerstein, Irving Berlin, Marvin Hamlisch, The Sound of Music, The King and I and Oklahoma! The focus is on audience development, revenue generation and leveraging audiences to grow our owned audience wherever possible. Audience development is a core metric for success with priority focused on all ventures creating new revenue opportunities.
- Point person to ensure information is disseminated for newsletters, monthly updates, team meetings and cross-departmental communication.
- External Communications
- Social media strategy and execution
- Develop content strategy and calendar.
- Develop content for social media, specifically highlighting anniversaries, holidays, events, news and other milestones
- Ongoing analytics reporting using data to drive future decisions in content, audience development and advertising
- Manage paid campaigns on social platforms for the purpose of acquiring fans, amplifying content and achieving other department goals.
- Social Media listening
- Work with marketing associate to develop visual content, providing direction and strategic opportunity overview.
- Email marketing strategy and execution
- Audience development
- Work on growing audience with a focus on the under-45 set. Develop a direct line of communication to fans.
- Liaison with external PR agency
- Digital Partnerships
- Work with the Director of Brand Management and Music Marketing to develop and execute digital partnerships with external and internal stakeholders
- Act as project manager and lead conversation on website development including: R&H, Irving Berlin, and Marvin Hamlisch sites
- Continue to manage content post launch and act as webmaster
- Provide all content updates Website Development
- Publishing/Theatricals Liaison
- Act as conduit between Concord Music Publishing and Concord Theatricals
- Communicate relevant information to Theatricals and request necessary information and reports from Theatricals
- Liaison with Concord Music Publishing’s streaming marketing department for DSP promotions
- Sheet Music
- Day to day point of contact with Hal Leonard
- Creation of new songbooks
- Release of digital sheets
- Promotions on titles around anniversaries, press, news, album releases and other milestones.
- Internal Data
- Serve as the owner for internal data
- Anniversary and Milestone calendar
- Plan ahead and alert team to upcoming milestones on a regular basis to generate press,, digital and partnership campaigns that run alongside and in support of our social media efforts.
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports and analytics on campaign overviews in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator.
Expertise in social media strategy
- Expertise in content creation for social media
- Knowledge of digital best practices
- Experience planning partnerships
- Strong Project Management skills
- Deep knowledge of musical theater
- Knowledge of the music industry
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage numerous complex projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, theatre or music business, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in entertainment social marketing
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, HTML, CrowdTangle, Meltwater, Sprout Social
HOW TO APPLY