Theatre Communications Group (TCG)
New York, NY 10018
Theatre Communications Group (TCG), a national organization with a mission to lead for a just and thriving theatre ecology, fills an exciting new position: Board Liaison. Working in a full-time capacity, the Board Liaison will actively support the implementation and management of TCG’s governance ecology. The Board Liaison will serve as a conduit and weaver within and between TCG’s board of directors and staff. Primary responsibilities include documenting all activities, needs, and commitments of the governance task forces; tracking progress and learnings; and ensuring that the Board Chair and TCG’s staff remain abreast and connected.
Reporting to both the CEO and COO, and working closely with the Board Chair, the Board Liaison must commit to TCG’s mission, values manifesto, and workplace culture ethos. They will be an accountability partner to governance ecology members by stewarding momentum towards delivering tasks and providing regular updates to TCG staff to capture insights and share questions and learnings to governance ecology members in real-time. Listening, organizational, communications, and documentation skills and knowing what to pay attention to are critical qualities to possess in this role. You will have to be a self-starter and personal manager to traverse fluidly between the staff and board–bridging trust and understanding. We expect all TCG’s team members to work respectfully with a dynamic body of diverse staff. A commitment to learning and growth for oneself and others emerges at TCG.
Theatre Communications Group is committed to modeling, promoting, and advancing anti-racist and anti-oppressive values to fulfill its mission. Since its founding in 1961, TCG’s constituency has grown from a handful of groundbreaking theatres to over 700 Member Theatres and affiliate organizations and nearly 8,000 individual members, TCG advances a better world for theatre and a better world because of theatre.
What You Will be Doing
● Supporting the launch of TCG’s new governance ecology model.
● Participating in task force meetings to document commitments and ensure the members’ understanding of their duties and focus areas.
● Documenting commitments and strategies to achieve promises to serve as an accountability partner in fulfilling goals effectively.
● Identifying areas where staff and other board members’ input are needed to consider actions and coordinate such conversations before pursuing such measures.
● Remaining well-versed on the state of affairs, goals, and open questions regarding all matters that impact the success of the governance ecology.
● Keeping people on task.
● Keeping the Board Chair and TCG leadership informed.
● Managing logistics and attending all governance ecology meetings.
● Making sure there is connectivity between governance ecology members and staff and among the various governance task forces.
● Assisting with other tasks as necessary to ensure smooth working of the Executive Office.
What You Need for this Role
● A commitment to learning and understanding what a just and thriving theatre ecology means to TCG.
● A minimum of two or more years managing diverse groups of people.
● Acute attention to details and the ability to communicate clearly and timely.
● A personality that welcomes sharing and illuminates the will support each person’s success in fulfilling their responsibilities.
● An understanding of how ecosystems function and what they need to thrive.
● An ability to provoke ideas and actions.
● Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
● Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
● Ability to manage competing priorities and workflow across multiple areas simultaneously.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is between $45,000 and $50,000, with a comprehensive benefits package that includes vacation, sick, and personal time off. This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay. TCG fosters a collegial environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. All staff receive free TCG published books, a subscription to AMERICAN THEATRE, and will be included in events for Staff designed by TCG’s “Fun Committee” to foster a warm, inviting, and friendly office culture.
How to Apply Please include “Board Liaison” in the subject line and email resume and cover letter in a single attached file to email@example.com. Send all materials via email. No phone calls! We will respond only to those resumes in which we have an interest.
Application Deadline All application materials must be received by 5:00 pm on September 4, 2020 or until the position is filled. We review resumes as they are received; therefore, we encourage applicants to submit their materials before the deadline.
TCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) in our hiring process, as well as in all areas of our work. At TCG, we believe that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect the US’s broad diversity and are vital assets that enrich the programs and services TCG provides for the theatre field. We respect the intersectionality of identities and are committed to EDI in our work and workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, gender non-conforming and non-binary, neuro-diverse, and people with disabilities to apply.
45,000 – 50,000
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY PHONE
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobsearch…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.