Broadway Training Center: Professional Dance Educator
Broadway Training Center
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706
Urgently hiring – Apply Now
Broadway Training Center
BTC is seeking to hire a passionate dance instructor to join the team. You will be responsible for training and inspiring a group of students in a range of dance styles. If you are a professional dance educator that enjoys working with hobbyist students, grades K-12 and Adults, we encourage you to apply. Proven experience as a dance instructor is required.
Ability to teach Ballet/Pointe, Tap, and Jazz dance styles from primary to advanced level.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals in virtual Zoom classes and/or in person.
- Nurture a non-competitive, inclusive classroom environment, focusing on proper technique while providing a fun safe-space.
- Develop dance curriculums and prepare lesson plans.
- Choreography for end of year concert. If virtual, the BTC end of year concert will be versions of prerecorded videos crafted by instructor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dance required
- Previous teaching experience required
- Professional Performance Experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to teach via Zoom an in-person
- Energetic, driven, creative, kind,and dependable
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Pay: Commensurate to experience.
Schedule: Tuesday & Saturday
Work Location: Zoom and at BTC
Work Onsite: Yes
Broadway Training Center of Westchester is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. At BTC, we see theatre as a vehicle for personal development. We strive to offer the most professional training in the most nurturing environment to bring out the best qualities of an individual: honesty, responsibility, commitment, collaboration, imagination, and generosity. Our goal is to create a place where each student can enter without fear, and be welcomed with love from everyone within. As teaching artists, we strive to help raise a generation who understands that we all have responsibility to each other, and that we can only succeed together.
Broadway Training Center of Westchester was recently awarded Best Theatre Classes in Southern Westchester by Westchester Magazine. This premier performing arts school provides year-long training programs in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Performance Ensembles for grades K-12 and adults. No experience is necessary at any age; just a desire to learn, work hard, and have fun in the process. Our faculty is comprised of established industry professionals who focus on the joy of accomplishment and the enrichment of personal expression through classroom and performance work. We offer classes 6 days a week throughout the school year and summer performing arts programs.
September 11, 2020 – May 17, 2021
Commensurate to experience
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000173-fa53-d39e-a1f7-fed38f8e0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.