New York, NY 10018
In The Tank’s collaborative environment, the Technical Manager works closely with the rest of the team to ensure a positive, creative, experimental, and safe environment for all artists – working to effectively coordinate and organize resources for the many performances.
Initial Primary responsibilities include:
- Advise digital shows and artists with streaming platforms & software (Streamyard, OBS)
- Maintain the digital platforms and channels (YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo)
- Provide general technical support for web and video content
- Work with Tank leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities and need for changes and and upgrades to continually improve overall show experience
- Facilitate cooperation and compromise between artists
- Shares responsibility of training and managing interns with Tank Staff
Long-term Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain the technical facilities of The Tank’s proscenium and blackbox theaters
- Oversee site visits with artists
- Provide technical support for video and web content as a part of CyberTank, our online presenting platform
- Provide guidance and instruction to staff, interns, and artists on best practices in accessing and utilizing The Tank’s space as well as its inventory.
- This is both done in-person as well as in email communications and through the maintenance and updating of written Operations Manuals, Space Drawings, Inventories, and other on-boarding materials provided to artists.
· Work with Tank leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities and need for upgrades and purchases to continually improve artists’ and audience’s experience
· Maintain, update, and adjust the rep lighting plots and console files
· Manage the A/V systems in both theaters, each containing analog stereo audio systems and short-throw projectors
· Create plans and designs with long-running productions that are conducive with other short-running productions in the same space
· Facilitate cooperation and compromise between artists / design teams
· Shares responsibility of hiring, training, and managing interns with Tank Staff
· Positive energy and an excitement to work with thousands of emerging artists
· Experience with video editing and live streaming on multiple platforms
· Background in theater a major plus
· Highly organized and communicative
· Proactive, problem solver!
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
· We are seeking applicants with 4-6 years of experience in professional technical theater.
· Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Salary: $20,000 annually
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Managing Producer, Danielle King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 1, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to dking…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.