Business Affairs Associate
The Dramatists of America
New York, NY 10036
The Dramatists Guild of America was established in 1919 to help dramatists protect the artistic and economic integrity of their work and to advocate on their behalf. The Guild has over 8,000 members nationwide, from student writers to the most prominent authors being produced on Broadway, Off-Broadway and in regional theaters. The Guild assists dramatists in developing both their artistic and business skills through its educational programs, publications, seminars, workshops, and its Business Affairs department, which provides model agreement forms, reviews contracts, and offers business advice on standard practices in the theater industry.
The Dramatists Guild of America is looking for a Business Affairs Associate. The Associate will help manage day-to-day administrative tasks for the Business Affairs department and offer administrative support to the Guild’s staff attorneys. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, capable of prioritizing, and has an eye for detail.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to: managing the BA Help Desk portal; maintaining and updating contract database, article archive, and webpages; and working with communications department to meet BA social media needs. The Business Affairs Associate will:
- Assign tickets to staff attorneys
- Maintain a database of all complaints made by members
- File documents and help to develop or modify filing practices, including use of electronic record keeping,
- Create/proof reports, surveys, PowerPoint presentations for Business Affairs attorneys,
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies, and
- Perform limited general office support, including receptionist duties, if and as needed.
- Knowledge of online CRM tools (Zoho a plus),
- Proficiency in MS Office,
- Familiar with various social media platforms,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $35-$40K plus benefits package
The Dramatists Guild of America is committed to exposing and eliminating the systemic biases that exist in all aspects of our field. We commit to doing this both within our own organization and with advocacy throughout our field. We take on this commitment on behalf of the plurality of our membership whose career paths are made demonstrably steeper by an unequal distribution of resources, mentorships, recognition, and productions. The Dramatists Guild invites all members of the theatre community to join us in taking concrete steps to challenge stereotypes of otherness and to address conscious and unconscious bias in our decision-making processes.
September 1, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.