Dramatic Question Theatre
Brooklyn, NY 11234
The Dramatic Question Theatre (DQT) is seeking a Program Manager to serve as the logistics point-person on established and new programming. Our goal is to build out DQT’s programming in a way that both increases the number of playwrights served each season and grows our BIPoC base audience.
You should have a solid understanding of the off-off Broadway (OOB) theatre community, theatre-making on the OOB level, play development, networking skills, as well as experience rolling out new initiatives. The Program Manager should be able to implement all relevant plans and strategies, as well as:
· Participate in shaping all programs
· Facilitate and manage application and selection process including posting notices.
· Receive and review submissions from playwrights and make recommendations to executive team.
· Interface with similarly situated theatres to exchange ideas, audiences, and to achieve connectivity as a community.
· Establish communication with young/developing playwrights suited to DQT mission statement to establish a community for theatre development and presentation.
· Zoom hosting all programs
· Executing all relevant administrative, organizational, and logistical work
· Attending manager’s meetings
· Three to five years of experience working in the off-off Broadway theatre community, play development, theater management or administration
· Direct experience working with BIPoC playwrights and artists
· Desire to work closely with the executive team in building on existing and creating new programs to expand DQT community
· Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously
· Excellent administrative, organizational, and logistical skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Networking skills
The Dramatic Question Theatre is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is committed to developing and presenting plays written by its member-playwrights; other playwrights of color, plays written by women, and plays that deal with race, culture, and class in ways that challenge the familiar common ground. Concurrently, we seek to cultivate and maintain a multicultural audience comprised primarily from the Latino and African American communities we regularly serve.
This is remote based (New York City preferred), part-time position that reports to the executive and artistic directors. The program manager will work as assigned and on an hourly basis at the rate of $20/hour.
September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000173-c000-d39e-a1f7-d4c0d54f0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.