National Alliance for Musical Theatre
New York, NY 10024
NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR MUSICAL THEATRE
32nd Annual Festival of New Musicals
Line Producer Job Description
The Line Producer for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre is a part-time position that will report to the Festival Producing Director and General Managers for the 32nd Annual Festival of New Musicals, currently scheduled for October 22 and 23, 2020, but subject to change. Contract will commence on August 24 and end on November 1, 2020 (or whenever duties below have been completed and approved by management). This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits and will be paid as an independent contractor. The National Alliance for Musical Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age or veteran status.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Info@dmmnyc.com by Wednesday, August 5.
Any in-person activities will observe strict social distancing and will require the wearing of masks, along any other required or advised steps toward the responsible prevention of COVID-19 spread.
Due to social distancing and the effects of COVID-19 on the NYC theatrical community, the 32nd Annual Festival of New Musicals will take place utilizing exclusively online content. The presentation of each show may include any combination of recorded video broadcast, livestreaming, audio recording, online written pieces and other digitally captured content. Anticipated Content Capture dates are TBD but expected to be in September.
Each Line Producer will be assigned a set of 2 shows that will all share the same presentation days.
Pre-production Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Festival Producing Director and GM team to ensure a great pre-production, rehearsal and presentation process.
- Act as liaison between creative teams on the assigned shows and the Festival Producing Director on administrative and producing needs, including (but not limited to) casting, information collection, ticketing requests.
- Act as liaison between creative teams and General Management.
- Attend key dates, as reasonably necessary online or in-person, including, but not limited to: Official Festival production meetings (online), key rehearsals (shape and form to be determined), Content Capture dates (whether online or in person as reasonably necessary), virtual performance dates (currently scheduled for October 22 and 23) load outs (TBD).
- Working with Festival Producing Director, prompt show consultants and creative teams to complete tasks assigned to each show in a timely and efficient manner, including participation at mandatory events and deadlines for written or video materials.
- Collect all applicable performance agreements, photography and video releases, signature pages, hiring forms, and other paperwork from Cast and Stage Managers to give to Production Supervisor and/or General Manager.
- Promptly collect and keep up-to-date all contact sheets.
- Attend rehearsal virtually once per rehearsal in collaboration with the other Line Producer(s) to answer any administrative questions or needs. Rehearsals will take place in the days leading up to the Content Capture dates of the festival, TBD September.
Festival Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist General Manager as necessary in coordinating the load-in and load-out of festival equipment.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for two to four Content Capture events in an assigned venue for each assigned show.
- Serve as central onsite or online contact for Festival participants to confirm that entire teams are present, on site, as well as ready to perform in consultation with the technical team.
- Serve as in-person or online event contact between the Festival and outside staff, artists and venue for assigned presentations.
- Oversee changeovers between Content Capture events with managing talent to places and the setting up/breaking down of equipment as required.
- During the Content Capture Dates and the Festival Dates, the Line Producer will report to the General Manager and the Festival Producing Director.
- Be fully available during the entire days of the Content Capture dates.
- Be fully available during the entire days of the Festival presentation dates.
- Participate in post-festival meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of professional staged reading, produced concert and other live event best practices.
- Experience balancing multiple schedules for concurrent events
- Maturity and professionalism to represent NAMT to well-known artists
- Flexible schedule September to November 1st, 2020. Complete availability on Content Capture dates and Festival presentation dates.
- Working well under pressure
- Savvy with online communication forums via Zoom, Slack (both will be required), as well as other methods that may be necessary (WhatsApp, Skype, Texting, etc.) and available to communicate as necessary using any of the above.
- Excellent personnel skills to represent NAMT to vendors
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- August: 5 hours per week
- Early- September: 10 hours per week
- Mid-September to October: 10-20 hours per week
- September/October Content Capture Days (2): Full Days
- October Festival Presentation Days (2): Full Days
- End October to November 2nd: Partial Days wrap-up as necessary
The position is part-time and temporary. The position will be paid $1500 flat fee and will not receive social security and unemployment insurance benefits. No health benefits or paid time-off are included. Payment will be issued $500.00 upon signing the contract, $500.00 on September 21 and $500.00 upon completion of the Festival and post-mortem documentation. Payments will be paid by invoice from the contracted employee containing mailing address and social security number.
August 24, 2020 – November 2, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to Info…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.