Part Time Development/Special Events Intern
American Theatre Wing
New York, NY 10036
The American Theatre Wing seeks a dedicated Development Intern with excellent communication, research, and time-management skills to primarily assist with the planning and coordination of digital fundraising events. The intern will gain valuable knowledge of fundraising and event management while working with one of the nation’s highest profile theatre service organizations. Work will be done remotely so candidate does not have to be in New York, but must be available for 15 hours per week between the hours of 10am-6pm EST, Monday-Friday.
Assist with planning and coordination of events, including this year’s virtual gala.
- Draft messaging and communication around event details for donors and guests.
- Assist in coordination with Digital Team for event collateral and promotion.
- Track and manage event purchases and contributions.
- Create Zoom events and send details to event attendees.
- Participate in meetings related to event execution.
- Support event execution as part of team working on the back end of Zoom or other platforms.
- Regularly and accurately record funder data, income, and communications.
- Assist with pulling lists/reports in Salesforce and manually adjust data formatting as needed.
- Assist with tracking of financial data using appropriate metrics for each event.
General Administrative Support
- Generate and email donor acknowledgements on a weekly basis.
- Assist in researching grant opportunities, viable sponsors, and individual donors.
- Send mass mailings and e-blasts as needed.
- Support other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks independently.
- Some events/development experience preferred.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment, eager to learn, and ready to jump in wherever needed.
- Highly motivated with an enthusiasm for learning.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a high level of research and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer literacy – experience with databases and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Passion for and knowledge of the American Theatre preferred.
Paid minimum wage and school credit can be arranged.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and two references via e-mail to email@example.com with Development Intern in the subject line no later than 7/13/20.
The American Theatre Wing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
July 27, 2020 – December 18, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to development…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.