Hermitage Artist Retreat
Englewood, FL 34223
About the Hermitage Artist Retreat
The Hermitage is a multi-disciplinary artist retreat uniquely serving artists, the creative process, and the community. Located on a nine-acre beachside campus in Manasota Key at the southern tip of Sarasota County, Florida, we provide celebrated artists with six-week residences (a flexible bank of time to schedule over two years) to create new works of art, literature, theater, music, and more. Our Hermitage Fellows have described their experiences as “life-changing” and “transformative,” regularly noting that they accomplish more in two weeks at the Hermitage than they otherwise might do in two years. The award-winning original works created at the Hermitage are presented in renowned concert halls, theaters, museums, and galleries throughout our region and across the globe. In addition to the unique and invaluable experience we provide to artists, we take pride in our complementary missions of historic preservation, ecological restoration, and community outreach and engagement.
Reporting directly to the Artistic Director/CEO, the Deputy Director is responsible for implementing and optimizing systems and tools to enable the Hermitage Artist Retreat team to work effectively and efficiently in support of the organization’s mission. The Deputy Director works in collaboration with artistic, community, and civic institutions, managing and overseeing the Hermitage’s institutional partnerships. This role includes overseeing the Hermitage’s database systems and infrastructure for the organization; financial administration and reporting; human resource practices (including benefits administration); facilities oversight; building and ground projects; compliance and safety; and, serving as a right hand to the CEO.
· Oversees the smooth and effective daily operations of the organization and the offices.
· Implements and reviews operational policies and procedures.
· Coordinates and supports institutional partnerships with artistic and community partners in the region.
· Ensures facility, safety and insurance policies and procedures are current, up to date, and fully implemented.
· Manages all technology platforms and equipment for the organization, including email, software, databases, connectivity, procurement of equipment, assignment of office resources, etc.
· Oversees all facilities management, maintenance, building, landscaping, and grounds projects.
· Oversees financial aspects of the organization, managing the bookkeeping vendor relationship, tracking finances, creating financial reports.
· Coordinates committee meetings and work to ensure productive advancement of the Board’s goals.
· Will support programs and donor event coordination, along with the entire team.
· Oversees special projects and collaborations.
· Manages and oversees the Hermitage Alumni Council.
· Helps to coordinate the relationship with external marketing and public relations contract support.
· Represent the director and the organization when the CEO is unable to be in two places at once; “divide and conquer.”
· Assists in the onboarding process for new board members and staff and oversees human resources, benefits, and payroll administration.
· Passion for the Hermitage Artist Retreat’s mission, vision, and values.
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
· Strong editing and writing skills are essential.
· Multiple years of demonstrated leadership experience in more than one operational area of a non-profit or similar organization – systems and technology, finance, data processing, donor management and tracking, human resource policies and processes, and project management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills as leader and team player, at ease with a wide range of constituents.
· Entrepreneurial, with high level of personal initiative, integrity, and positive energy.
· Sense of humor and “can do” attitude.
· Proficient with management software, including database, communication, donor, and event management programs.
· Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, particularly in support of artist programs and donor events.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite, and Quickbooks applications.
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot technology and equipment.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, and a demonstrated history of progressively successful non-profit financial and operations experience.
· Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, artists, guests, and members of our community.
Location of position: The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key, Sarasota County, Florida
Salary and benefits:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit:
· Cover Letter
· Three References
Submit Applications to: jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position in the coming weeks. Candidates are asked to submit their material as soon as possible.
August 1, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.