Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager
Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager.
For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The best candidate is highly skilled in social media strategy and implementation, digital marketing strategy, graphic design; website management; and web analytics. The Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager will help lead MTC’s digital strategy, all organic social media, and email blast design. They will also work closely with the Director of Marketing and MTC’s advertising agencies in the production of non-digital materials including print, video, and occasional events materials and with the press office on Playbill and press releases. There will be additional day-to-day activities within the department including management of MTC’s 30 under 35 program and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Marketing. This position interacts with many departments including General Management, Artistic, and Executive Producer so good communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills are a must.
* Minimum 4 years of marketing experience required.
* Strong understanding of digital marketing best practice, including website and email design, and social media management.
* Project management experience; maintaining many projects simultaneously; and co-ordinating between multiple external agencies and vendors.
* Graphic design skills, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
* Video editing skills for social media.
* Experience in website administration and content creation including an understanding of web analytics and site design strategy. Experience working in WordPress a plus.
* Experience planning, creating and sending email blasts (Wordfly a plus).
* Experience in social media management.
* Experience in brand guardianship, including visual consistency and tone of voice.
* Excellent proofreading skills, and attention to detail.
* Experience coordinating photo/video shoots and basic events.
* Love for New York Theatre, and general knowledge of the industry and current events.
This is a full time, exempt salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K), complimentary tickets to MTC productions, and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: email@example.com with the subject “Digital Marketing” (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We are proud to be a preeminent theatre in one of the most diverse cities in America and strive to represent that both on and off-stage. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.