Social Media and Community Manager
New York, NY 10002
Caveat has moved all its live entertainment online – we’re now livestreaming 6-7 nights a week, and growing our audience far outside the NYC area. We’re looking for a social media & community manager to join our team full-time, and grow with us no matter what the future holds!
What is Caveat?
Caveat is a venue in NYC’s Lower East Side that puts on the best in smart entertainment! Our comedy, theater, music, lectures, & live podcast recordings all have one thing in common – they’ll leave you a little bit smarter…and a little bit drunker! Founded by a theoretical physicist & a Shakespeare director, Caveat shows combine the best of entertainment with the most fascinating, unexpected information. It’s a haven for the social nerd – and you will DEFINITELY leave each show with a new, nerdy obsession.
In this role you will:
- Lead strategy for Caveat’s social channels to achieve goals like: increasing ticket sales, increasing audience awareness of Caveat’s programming, & expanding audience reach
- Own and execute social content calendar for Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook
- Write engaging copy in the Caveat voice
- Partner with show teams to create show-promo content that will drive traffic & ticket sales, including image & video content.
- Support in-house Caveat productions with customized graphics & social media promotion plans
- Constantly be on the lookout for new channels, angles, and partnerships to increase awareness of Caveat’s offerings
- Communicate directly with show producers to help them promote their Caveat shows – both on the Caveat social channels and on their own channels.
- Ideate & pursue partnerships with outside brands, orgs & influencers to increase Caveat awareness, ticket sales, & booking opportunities.
- Oversee and participate in strategy for community management to connect and build deeper engagement with Caveat’s audiences, members, & performers.
- Manage Caveat’s weekly newsletter of over 25k – optimize conversions & develop content specifically for this channel
- Lead creation of social media paid campaigns on Facebook & Instagram.
- Continually track, analyze, and optimize social & newsletter efforts using Google Analytics, social scheduling tools, Mailchimp, Eventbrite & other available data sources.
- 3+ years of social media management experience
- Experience managing Mailchimp newsletters
- Video editing & graphic design capability (please provide links/uploads of graphics you’ve made & short social videos you’ve edited/shot)
- Ability to work weekends (Tues – Sat), and occasional evenings (to live-tweet certain shows, etc)
- Comfortable working with a small team (currently 5 people), troubleshooting problems in real time, ideating directly with co-founders, & adapting to pivots & changes to goals nimbly.
- Ability to write fun, irreverent, compelling copy (please provide writing samples)
- Enjoy creating & expanding a community of creative, smart people
- Health insurance
- Commuter benefits (when Caveat opens back up)
- Flexible schedule, no early mornings
- Opportunity to work directly with show producers & performers
- Ability to steer the growth of a truly fun brand, & impact the NYC entertainment scene
- Opportunity to join a growing company in its first 3 years & work directly with the founders
Salary range: $40-$45k/yr, depending on experience & ability
Start date: Immediately
Candidates do not need to presently be in NYC, although they should be able to spend time in the venue when we reopen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please apply below! We’re excited to meet you via Zoom soon!
Required for consideration:
- Video sample (must be a video you edited/created yourself, ideally formatted for social)
- Graphics sample (must be an image you created yourself)
- Writing sample (link to tweets or instagram posts you wrote, can be personal or for a brand)
June 8, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY