Florida Studio Theatre
Sarasota, FL 34236
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D theatre in Sarasota, FL is currently seeking an experienced Digital Archivist. This individual will oversee the creation of an archival system that will preserve, arrange and describe materials in all formats documenting the history of Florida Studio Theatre.
3+ years of related experience preferred. Academy of Certified Archivists Certification and knowledge of theatre are both a plus. Knowledge of web based archiving systems and HTML is also a plus.
· Lead Florida Studio Theatre in creating and implementing a digital archival system for the theatre.
· Work in collaboration with FST upper management to determine the most effective and creative methods of digitally archiving Florida Studio Theatre’s historical materials.
This Candidate Must Have:
· Strong computer skills.
· Good written and verbal communication.
· A team-minded approach.
· Great attention to detail.
· The ability to work independently on assigned responsibilities.
· The ability to keep a detailed worklog.
· Knowledge of ethical practices, privacy concerns and copyright issues as related to archives and records management.
· The ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
This position will report as a full-time employee for a designated length of time, to be discussed upon interview and/or hire. All work will be done remotely.
FST, one of Florida’s leading theatres, operates five stages: the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 110 seat Court Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Theatre and the 100 seat Bowne’s Lab Theatre.
Florida Studio Theatre is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
April 27, 2020 – June 15, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000171-a34a-de1d-a1f5-bbfa2aca0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.