Sheboygan Theatre Company Executive Director
Sheboygan Area School District
Sheboygan, WI 53081
The Sheboygan Theatre Company (STC) excited to be celebrating its 87th season and are accepting applications for the position of Sheboygan Theatre Company Executive Director. The Sheboygan Theatre Company Executive Director will be a dynamic leader and will assist in developing a vision and strategy for the organization’s long-term growth and fiscal stability. The successful applicant will have demonstrated strong executive leadership skills and passion for the arts.
A bachelor degree in business, non-profit administration, or related field. Three year’s experience in a non-profit arts organization of similar size or larger strongly recommended. Experience interacting with Advisory Boards/Committees, volunteers, and solicitation of donors and sponsors. Experience building revenue and philanthropic support, including grant writing.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The STC Executive Director will lead the volunteer organization with the assistance and vision from the STC Advisory Committee. The STC Executive Director is charged with enabling STC to realize its goals for artistic excellence, community service, financial stability, fundraising, and audience engagement. The STC Executive Director is responsible for the overall business, administrative, and operational management of the company. This includes leadership of fundraising, financial management, volunteer coordination, information systems, institutional marketing, and Advisory Committee relations. The Executive Director will execute STC’s Strategic Plan with personal emphasis on fundraising, finance, organizational structure, and operations in support of the company’s mission and vision.
· Manage and develop all fundraising efforts.
· Provide leadership to STC Advisory Committee and Sub- Committees to create and carry out fundraising plans and achieve all budgeted amounts.
· Responsible for securing sponsorships from area businesses to support STC programming.
· Oversee communication with donors and patrons when it relates to fundraising, ensuring best practices are being used in stewardship with our patrons.
· Oversee the patron database and ensure that best practices are being used in recording and analyzing data.
· Create and manage the annual operating budget.
· Manage financial reporting systems to ensure that all guest directors and technical designers have the information they need to manage their individual budgets.
· Manage the overall financial operations of the STC and its Box Office(s).
· Maintain and coordinate proper cash handling for all STC events.
· Provide financial analysis and recommendations to guide the organization’s financial decisions.
· Work with outside auditors to assure that all financial systems and internal controls are adequate to appropriately serve the organization.
· Serve as a key representative of STC in the community, including cultivation of donors, funding institutions and government agencies.
· Provide additional support for and attend meetings, fundraisers, events, celebrations, opening nights, etc.
Volunteer/Human Resources Management
· Manage and supervise all employees and volunteers.
· Ensure that STC’s employment and volunteer policies are consistent with all SASD rules and regulations, including confirming every employee and volunteer has had a completed BIB background check.
· Actively recruit and expand STC volunteers.
· Foster an organization culture of teamwork, generous collaboration, clear communication, effective delegation, and mutual support.
Advisory Committee Relations
· Work with the Advisory Committee to support and enhance the development of all STC operations.
· Provide monthly written reports to Advisory Committee.
· Serve as an ex-officio member the Advisory Committee and designated STC sub committees.
· In conjunction with the STC Production Manager, coordinate the use of Horace Mann Middle School(HMMS)/Leslie W. Johnson Theatre with the HMMS Administration/Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers and Custodial staff.
· Oversee all of the STC’s contracts with each shows contractors including rights/royalty agreements, guest directors, technical designers and vendors.
· In coordination with SASD, ensure that the organization has the information, communications, and technology systems that it needs to be effective.
Reporting: The STC Executive Director reports to theDirector of Community Recreation.
Location: Sheboygan is located on Lake Michigan’s western shore, 50 miles north of Milwaukee and 60 miles south of Green Bay. With a population of just over 50,000, Sheboygan offers the conveniences of a large city with a small-town feel and low cost-of-living. Sheboygan County is also a top ranked tourism destination with attractions of extraordinary excellence: performance theaters, arts centers, world-class golf, out-of-the-ordinary accommodations, lively festivals, Lake Michigan sport fishing, historic sites, and road racing at its best. Visit https://someplacebetter.org/ for more information.
Rate and Schedule: This is a full time, salaried position 12 month/year agreement with a pay range of $38,000 – $42,000, including comprehensive health benefits and contributions into the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) both administered through the SASD.
July 1, 2020 –
$38,000 – $42,000
HOW TO APPLY