Teaching Artist (Seeking Collaborative Artist w/ Passion for Service)
Transcendence Theatre Company
Sonoma, CA 95476
Transcendence Theatre Company is currently seeking teaching artists to apply for our 2020 Summer Mobile Unit.
Flights and transportation to and from Sonoma, CA.
Shared Transportation and provided housing in California’s wine country.
Paid Weekly- dependent on experience.
6/1 -7/18, 2020
The Mobile Unit provides free arts programming for organizations that work with underserved youth. Our Mobile Unit Teaching Artists will bring Transcendence branded arts education programs to locations within 3 hours of Sonoma, CA. Five highly trained teaching artists will serve four off-site locations a week and a minimum of 40 students a day. Curriculum for the Mobile Unit has been developed in conjunction with California’s Department of Education Performing Arts Standards. All workshops offered will be bilingual. Past workshop locations: Sonoma County Juvenile Hall, Salvation Army, ELL Summer School, Boys & Girls Club, Sonoma County Libraries, La Luz Center (Sonoma’s primary Latinx Community Center)..etc. List of Responsibilities for Mobile Unit Teaching Artist:
- Create curriculum alongside Director of Education and Mobile Unit Coordinator for all scheduled workshops.
- Implementation and execution of all Mobile Unit curriculum and workshops to youth organizations.
- Responsible for collecting data on Mobile Unit Workshops and populations served.
- Responsible for creating Community Partner Profiles and admin documentation.
- Responsible for gathering all intake/outake impact data and assisting in creating final report.
- Create relationships with organizations as an ambassador of Transcendence Theatre Company
- Set up and Breakdown of all Workshop Equipment needed.
- Assist in the development of Original Fall 2020 Production
We are very interested in applicants who have past experience/interest in creating lesson plans for and working with underserved youth ages 8-18 years of age. Looking for a self-motivated, collaborative artist with a passion for service. We are seeking to hire a teaching artist that reflects the diversity of youth we serve. You will be working with an energetic team to bring equitable arts access to Bay Area youth. Join us!
If interested please fill out the following application link: https://transcendencetheatre.org/hiring2020/
*Please ignore the application deadline and submit applications regardless. Click on “First Time” “Director, Choreography, Performing Artists, & Educators.” Then click “Mobile Unit Teaching Artist” in the application document.
***After you submitted your application please submit resumé/ other related information to email@example.com ***
Applications DUE by 3/21/2020.
June 1, 2020 – July 18, 2020
HOW TO APPLY