Open Arts Alliance
Greenwich, CT 06830
Reporting To: Director Of Education
Open Arts Alliance, is a 501c3 non-profit professional theatre company that uses therapeutic arts programs to educate students and senior citizens. Through trained volunteerism with senior citizens (many of whom are veterans with mobility issues, Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia), students have hands-on opportunities to use the performing arts as a means of inter-generational connection. The organization is currently in a period of growth and this new fellowship is offered as part of an expanding staff and faculty.
Open Arts Alliance currently offers 5 educational outreach programs focusing on family audiences. These programs include: professional touring productions, senior educational outreach and student productions. The Artistic Fellow is responsible for the curation and implementation of theatre arts classes; ensuring the educational outreach serves the mission and is financially profitable for the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
• Creating new education initiatives and programs in collaboration with the Director Of Education and Board Of Directors.
• Serve as an artistic liaison to the professional productions (touring, student and commercial.)
• Develop, implement and execute educational classes for ages 6-18 in the performing arts.
• Create educational materials and curriculum for arts education classes.
• Collaborate with Executive Director and Marketing Committee to create marketing materials and market educational programs.
• Cultivate relationships with hosting organizations and constituents.
• Coordinate teaching artists and programs.
• Support Artistic Director and Education Director in daily operations.
• Office communication and management of office supplies, hardware and third-party computer/technology systems.
· University degree and three years experience in theatre education.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Work independently and as part of a team.
· Sound computer skills including word processing.
· An understanding of the non-profit, volunteer and social services sector.
· MUST be a highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial sensibility.
Open Arts Alliance is easily accessible by Metro North Railroad and is approximately 40 minutes north of New York City via train.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a letter of interest (including references) and resume. Qualified parties will be contacted for interviews.
April 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000170-9cd2-dc9f-ab7d-fedac19d0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.