New York, NY 10011
Little Island, a non-profit park and arts organizationlocated in Hudson River Park and slated to open in May 2021, seeks an experienced Programming Associate to join the team. The successful candidate will be a collaborative, flexible problem solver with 3-5 years’ experience working in the performing arts.
· Assist the Producer and Production Manager on all performances and projects, as assigned
· Build, track, change and manage calendar of events and liaise with other departments as needed
· Line produce events and programming, including tracking expenses and issuing contracts to performers
· Facilitate organizational communication around productions, disseminating important information, strategizing around complex problems, and managing logistics for each project
· Coordinate meetings, special projects, events, and other ancillary events as needed relating to programming
· Assist the Production Manager with tracking of production budgets, technical riders, schedules and contracts for all artistic programming in the park
· Serve as point of contact for artists and ensure that all of their transportation and hospitality needs are met
· Serve as programming representative on site as needed, including nights and weekends
· Attend arts events in the greater New York City area, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
· Effective communication and collaboration skills
· Extremely detail-oriented and organized
· Experience working with artists of all disciplines
· Technical theater experience is a plus
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Experience working in Artifax is a plus
· Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
· 10 days vacation, 5 sick, 3 personal days
· Medical, dental & vision care
· Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
· Commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com.
About Little Island
Little Island is a new public park funded by the Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation, currently under construction in Hudson River Park, and opening in Spring 2021. Little Island is designed by Heatherwick Studio and MNLA and the design includes a distinctive sculptural structure of 132 unique ‘tulips’ rising above the Hudson River from 15 to 62 feet high, and a lush, seasonal, landscape that features rolling hills, walking paths and open lawns, with dazzling views of NYC. Little Island has a 700 seat amphitheater, an intimate stage for 200 visitors and an open plaza, all designed to host a range of programming for all ages, from theater, dance, and music to food and beverage experiences to educational programs and community events. Little Island will provide New Yorkers, and its visitors, with a unique urban oasis–a place for experiences that ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.