Patron Services Manager
ACT of Connecticut
RIDGEFIELD, CT 06877
ACT of Connecticut, a new professional theatre that opened in 2018, seeks a full-time Patron Services Manager. This role is highly visible and interacts with patrons, sponsors, creative teams, producers and actors. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Box Office Management
• Provide exceptional customer service to patrons. Reply to patron emails and phone calls daily.
• Directly responsible for managing all day-to-day ticket sales, including in-person and phone sales as well as day of show box office sales.
• Create and maintain events and season packages in Vendini ticketing system. Assign seat pricing, discount codes, group sales codes, etc. Create patron rosters for every event and distribute to management. Develop other reports as needed.
• Create emails in the Vendini ticketing system to remind patrons of upcoming performances as well as thank you emails to send after attendance.
• Reserve appropriate number of producer seats, creative team, VIP and press holds for every performance. Process complimentary tickets as needed. Manage seat holds weekly and discuss when seats can be released.
• Develop tracking system for VIP attendance, VIP parking and ADA required seating. Prepare theatre as needed.
• Address all customer concerns regarding ticket purchases including, but not limited to, refund and exchange requests, credit card charges, etc. Consistently uphold theatre polices regarding refund and exchanges.
• Manage group sales process. Identify targeted groups for each production, proactively contact to provide information and follow-up as needed to finalize group sales.
• Responsible for overall patron experience during events. Maintain all public areas visited by patrons, including but not limited to, the grounds (theatre entrance, driveway and parking lot), lobby, hallway, public restrooms, house, etc. Uphold stringent quality standards regarding cleanliness of all areas immediately before opening the building.
• Communicate with stage management to manage opening/closing of house and performance starting times. Work with Directors of each production to establish appropriate enter/exit times and usher placement.
• Manage FOH team and Volunteer ushers, including recruitment, training, scheduling and management for every performance. Volunteer training occurs
• Pre-print VIP tickets
• Update ShopKeep software for concessions. Reconcile cash box and produce reports after every performance. Maintain inventory of all items. Work with vendors to procure products for concession.
• Resolve any customer service issues that arise during performances and follow through to resolve any issues.
• Maintain lobby media.
• Manage emergencies during performances.
• Ensure safe environment for patrons, including salting walkways, etc.
• Report to General Manager any issues that need to be resolved.
• Coordinate hospitality needs with stage management.
• Manage opening night party: maintain RSVP list, coordinate with sponsor restaurant, etc.
Other duties include
• Act as a resource for creative teams and crew, assist with time sheet and reimbursement forms as needed
• Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on assisting patrons as well as staff; a true team player
• A strategic thinker and problem solver, ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results
• Possess high standards of integrity, professionalism and reliability
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
• Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Flexible availability for mornings, evenings and weekends
• Experience with Vendini or other ticketing platforms preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theater Management, Arts Administration, Hospitality, Marketing or similar field preferred
• Ability to access all areas of the facility, with prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
• During non-production periods, hours are M-F, 10am – 6pm or 11am – 7pm
• During production, the schedule changes to include evening and weekend hours and days off will vary
Submit cover letter and resume to Heather Porter, General Manager, [email protected].
March 9, 2020 – December 31, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hporter…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.