Work Light Productions
Summit, NJ 07901
POSITION: Wardrobe Manager for Work Light Productions
LOCATION: Charleston, SC with travel
The position will be 40+ hours per week and will require several weeks of travel throughout the year. The responsibilities of the position are broad and may vary from time to time. The Wardrobe Manager will assist the Production Managers as required and will directly report to the Director of Production Operations. The Wardrobe Manager will be responsible for interacting with the touring crews, designers, costume shops and at some points, the General Manager of the shows. The Wardrobe Manager must also continually work to improve processes and methods to increase the efficiency of the work.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
o Wardrobe Warehouse Management:
· Maintain the wig and wardrobe warehouse stock.
· Create wardrobe warehouse inventories per production.
o Show Specific Duties:
· Assist with the creation and the collection of all show-specific paperwork.
· Assist in training Head Wardrobe and other positions as needed.
· Assist with labor, housing, and travel budgets per Director of Production Operations.
· Assist with managing perishable orders for each production (laundry detergent, laundry supplies, hair supplies).
· Assist in creating manifests as needed, including soliciting box lists from each production.
· Assist in creating and updating estimates and budgets for wigs and wardrobe on show remounts.
· Maintain a supplier list for all productions.
· Compile costume bibles for every production.
· Supervise box labeling in tech for each tour.
· Interact with Touring Crew throughout the year for maintenance issues.
· Assist with Crew turnovers as needed; go out as a sub on any given tour as required by Production Manager.
· Assist with layoff logistics as needed.
· Assist with post-tour logistics, paperwork archival, and rental gear returns.
· Visit the existing show to assist in defining what can or cannot be used for the WLP show. This may include physical elements and/or paperwork.
· Assist with arranging wig and wardrobe work for all show remounts.
· Act as liaison between Wardrobe and Hair departments and Director of Production Operations.
o Office Specific:
· Contribute to recruitment of new touring employees.
· Assist with interviewing potential employees.
· Maintain venue wardrobe information database.
· Assist with creation and maintenance of Databases, Forms, Standards, etc., per Director of Production Operations.
· Assist with file management per Production Manager and Director of Production Operations Maintain office and office supplies.
· Answer phone calls and take messages.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Production Operations.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your current resume – including full contact information and work/educational history. References required. Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to mfoster…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.