Part Time Dance Teaching Artist
The Town Hall
New York, NY 10036
Position Title: Part Time Dance Teaching Artist Status: Part Time/Independent Contractor About The Town Hall:
The Town Hall has been an integral part of New York City’s cultural life since 1
921 with music, dance, and educational programs for people of all ages. Built by The League of Political Education, a women’s suffragists group, The Town Hall was envisioned as a meeting house for all New Yorkers. A public forum for the free discussion of political and civic matters, where all sides would have equal privileges and where any law-abiding person could voice their opinion on the affairs of the day.
About our School Education Programs:
Since 1998, when our education outreach programs were founded, The Town Hall has impacted the lives of over one million children throughout New York City. Known for our multidisciplinary programs, Town Hall offers arts education and enrichment activities to students which find creative ways for them to understand subjects in the core curriculum while applying their classroom knowledge to real world situations.
Teaching Artist Openings: Dance
Town Hall is seeking part-time teaching artists (independent contractors) in the following area for NYC schools: Hip-Hop and Creative Movement Dance.
Experience in developing social justice curriculum is a plus.
Our Teaching Artists are independent contractors, and as such, Town Hall does not withhold taxes. Part-time hours are assigned by DOE schools, and are made available in compliance with Town Hall’s contract with the DOE.
• Developing and implementing lesson plans.
• Teaching a large, diverse group of young people from a broad range of ages and demographics.
• Working with classroom teachers and administrators as part of a collaborative team.
• Submission of lesson plans, sign in sheets, invoices, and timesheets to the Town Hall office.
• Traveling between our office and partner schools.
• A bachelor’s degree, equivalent certification, or relevant professional experience.
• Experience working with diverse youth populations.
• Experience in youth arts education.
• A strong collaborative spirit and sense of ensemble.
• Experience in New York City public schools is a plus.
All selected Teaching Artists must be fingerprinted with the NYC Department of Education.
Please email your cover letter, teaching resume, and contact information for three references to Kylee Brinkman, Education Administrative Assistant at [email protected].
No phone calls, please. The Town Hall Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about The Town Hall, please visit: www.thetownhall.org.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to kbrinkman…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.