Summer Theatre Administrative Internships
Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10032
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to producing innovative theatre of the highest quality by American and international playwrights, with a focus on presenting New York, American, and world premieres, invites individuals to apply for Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program full-time summer internships. For almost 50 years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by contemporary American and international playwrights. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre and off-Broadway at the historic New York City Center complex. We are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of our work both on and off the stage.
The Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program is an intensive internship that provides a unique opportunity to learn about producing not-for-profit theatre both on and off-Broadway. Interns are assigned projects and responsibilities that are vital to the day-to-day running of the company. Additionally, interns’ relationships with their supervisor and mentor ensure that they are not only gaining valuable skills but also receiving support and feedback. Summer internships are available in Artistic, Business, Casting, Company Management, Development-Individual Giving, Development-Institutional Giving, Development-Special Events, Literary, Marketing, Marketing-Analytics, Production Management, and Stargate Theatre. All positions are full-time, 35 hours/week.
To learn more about internship positions, please visit http://manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/positions-descriptions/
Full-Time Interns at MTC:
• Receive a $525 a week with the option for additional weekend and evening work which pays $15/hour
• Have the opportunity to apply for a supplemental living allowance (learn more: https://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/living-allowance/)
• Participate in weekly educational seminars led by the industry experts on MTC’s staff
• Receive mentorship from a senior staff member throughout the internship term
• Complete a career development workshop with our Human Resources team
• Go on to work in the industry at major theatre companies producing on Broadway, off-Broadway, and regionally; in casting offices, production companies, and theatrical advertising agencies; and in allied arts and cultural organizations across the country
HOW TO APPLY:
The application deadline for the Summer 2020 semester is Friday, March 6th at 11:59pm EST. All components of the application must be received by this deadline in order for the application to be considered complete.
A completed application includes:
1. A professional work resume that lists: education and training, work history, theatre/arts experience, and computer skills.
2. A personal statement: Our mission at MTC is to produce innovative theatre of the highest quality by American and International playwrights, with a focus on presenting New York, American, and world premieres. We are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of our work both on stage and off.
Please write a personal statement of not more than 750 words responding to the questions below:
• Why are you interested in each department you selected
• What specifically about MTC’s mission and history speaks to you?
• Given your background and life experiences, how do your ideas and attitudes towards diversity and inclusion inform your
aspirations as an arts administrator?
3. Two references (professors, employers, etc.)
Apply Online: https://form.jotform.com/200207055715142
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
525.00 a week
HOW TO APPLY