Director, Information Technology
New York Philharmonic
New York, NY 10023
New York Philharmonic is seeking a Director, Information Technology. An enthusiastic and experienced technology leader who is forward-thinking, a strong communicator, and who understands the significant role systems & technology can play in the successful achievement of NYP’s organizational goals. This role reports directly to the VP, Digital Strategy and leads a team of internal and external resources guiding the support of enterprise hardware, CRM and database systems, migration to the cloud, and custom applications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Translate business goals into technical plans and strategy in collaboration with VP, Digital Strategy.
- Act as valued partner with internal teams such as Digital, Marketing, Development, Education, Operations, and Finance.
- Lead cybersecurity efforts, exhibiting a practical understanding of consumer and corporate digital world and best practices.
- Oversee third-party developers, vendors, and consultants with internal technology team regarding the development and maintenance of NYP’s databases, software, and technology infrastructure.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis in IT systems and resources aligned with NYP strategic vision and goals.
- Oversee iterative and agile development practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Source, evaluate, select and oversee vendors to work on technology projects.
- Serve as face of organizational support for technical interruptions, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Implement new technologies, systems, and services to support business needs.
- Manage IT team that provides reliable systems and infrastructure for the organization.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
• 10 years or more of relevant work experience within Technology, preferably at an orchestra or performing arts organization.
• 5 or more years of senior managerial experience within Technology.
• Demonstrated leadership in executing against strategic and operational goals by managing workflows and processes, and partnering with key stakeholders.
• Experience with budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements.
• Experience in the management of application and software development.
• Deep technical experience in at least one of the following: web development, databases, cloud technologies, or networks.
• Well-versed in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
• BS in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent relevant experience. MS preferred.
• Empathy for end users.
New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to [email protected].
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to resumes…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.