Field Specialist – New York City
New York, NY
A Field Specialist is a non-licensed tour guide who assists groups while on tour in New York City. The primary function of this role is to independently maneuver groups through the city in a timely manner according to the WorldStrides itinerary. Field Specialists assist groups with arrivals and departures from the three major airports and facilitate walks through the city for meals, Broadway shows, group photos and more. Additional duties include loading and unloading luggage at our contracted hotels in midtown/Brooklyn and assisting with special performance programs that take place in the city. This is a seasonal part-time position with a variety of shifts between mid-January and June 30th. There are no set hours for this position but rather shifts that reflect the needs of the company and the volume of groups traveling at any given time.
- Efficiently and effectively handle groups and vendors in a customer-focused manner.
- Manage any issues that arise with the group at the airport and throughout the city.
- Remain professional, positive, and friendly during challenging situations.
- Accommodate special requests and anticipate the needs of the travelers.
- Maintain open communication with the office staff throughout assigned shifts.
- Must have availability during peak times – March through June.
- Team player that works well with students, teachers, local vendors, and WorldStrides staff.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experienced working in customer service and/or with middle school and high school-aged students.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at multitasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic fundamental computer literacy/skills.
- Ability to navigate a group through the city by foot and subway efficiently.
- Able to remain on your feet for assigned shifts and to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds when assisting travelers with luggage.
Perks at Work:
- Restaurant dinners provided with assigned groups.
- Opportunities to attend pre-selected Broadway shows at no cost with an assigned group.
- Paid downtime.
- Paid time/travel expenses when assigned to the airport.
- Excellent source of supplemental income!!!
WorldStrides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
February 23, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY