Blue Man Group
New York, NY 10003
Blue Man Group NY is seeking:
Full Time Retail Supervisor
Position Available Immediately
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team minded individual to join us at the New York production of Blue Man Group as Retail Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have retail experience and knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales, marketing etc. An effective manager will also be able to motivate personnel to perform according to their maximum capacity.
In conjunction with the Cirque Du Soleil Merchandise Team, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for the retail operations of Blue Man Group’s New York show. This includes:
- Responsible for all functions necessary to complete the opening and closing procedures related to our retail store, including cash reconciliation and management.
- Provide guidance and training to the retail staff.
- Actively participate in the daily selling process to assist in meeting sales goals.
- Ensure the general appearance of the selling areas is in accordance with standards.
- Prepare daily sales reports.
- Update and implement staff training programs.
- Prepare and provide disciplinary actions within appropriate time including termination.
- Prepare staff schedule as well as monitoring usage of budgeted hours.
- Control loss prevention including performing a yearly inventory.
- Prepare and present reviews to staff members within specified time frame.
- Handle guest issues pertaining to products or staff.
- Responsible for the completion of stock counts, receiving, transfers and price changes
- Maintain a 35-hour work week, including operating the retail counter for the majority of performances
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associates Degree preferred or 3-5 years retail experience
- Must have 3 years of managerial experience
- High attention to detail with great organizational skills and strong leadership
- Ability to multi-task
- A flexible schedule, including availability during days, evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to work with MS Office (proficient in Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks linked to merchandise shipments
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will love:
- Using your guest interactions to elevate the guest’s experience
- Joining a dynamic, high energy and creative team
- Expanding and reinventing ways of doing things
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package, including paid time off, health insurance, 401k, and wellness programs. We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a great team, working for a collaborative and fun entertainment organization!
HOW TO APPLY