Sing Street – NYC EPA (01.23.20)
Sing Street Broadway, LLC
New York, NY
Call Type: EPA
Book by: Enda Walsh
Music & Lyrics by: John Carney & Gary Clark Based on the motion picture
written and directed by John Carney
Director: Rebecca Taichman
Music Supervisor, Orchestrations & Arrangements by: Martin Lowe
Choreography by: Sonya Tayeh
General Manager: 321 Theatrical Management/Marcia Goldberg
Casting: Tara Rubin Casting/Tara Rubin and Peter Van Dam
Expected in Attendance: Peter Van Dam, CSA – Casting Director
1st Rehearsal: o/a February 17th, 2020
1st Preview: March 26th, 2020
Opening: April 19th, 2020
Producers: Barbara Broccoli, Brian Carmody, Patrick Milling Smith, Orin Wolf, and Frederick Zollo
Executive Producers: Patrick Daly, Alecia Parker
EPA Procedures are in effect for this audition.
An Equity Monitor will be provided.
Equity actor/singers. All principal roles and one male cover have been CAST. Seeking offstage covers.
All stage management positions have been filled.
Dublin, 1982. Everyone is out of work. Thousands are seeking bluer skies across the Irish Sea. Sixteen-year-old Conor and his schoolmates turn to music to escape troubles at home and impress a mysterious girl. With a score that embraces the new wave sounds of the era, SING STREET celebrates the thrill of first love and the power of music. Based on the indie hit motion picture.
ALL PRINCIPAL ROLES AND MALE COVER 1 ARE CAST
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING OFFSTAGE COVERS – PERFORMERS OF ALL ETHNICITES ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND:
MALE COVER 2
Late Teens to Early 20’s. Must sing and be proficient on piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and bass guitar. Will cover the following roles and possibly others:
– KEVIN – A cocky, confident show off. A member of the band.
– EAMON – An oddball musical prodigy, hampered by anxiety and a lack of confidence. A member of the band.
– DARREN – Total oddball/nerd. A (very) young, (very) nerdy agent type – on the make, eager to problem solve. Becomes the manager of the band.
MALE COVER 3
Early 20’s. Must sing and be proficient on acoustic guitar and electric guitar. Will cover the following roles and possibly others:
– BRENDAN – Conor’s whip-smart older brother. Full of wit, humor, smarts, passion, rage & irony, but terribly stuck. Stoned much of the time. Dropped out of college and hasn’t left the house in 3 months. Anger and irony cover much of his sadness. Comes completely to life when he’s talking about music. Serves as a surrogate father figure & teacher to his siblings.
– BARRY – A violent school bully, with a complicated home life. A really rough kid, with extreme hurt and pain underneath.
– LARRY – Has been held back a grade (or two) – not the smartest, but sweet and enthusiastic. A member of the band.
OLDER MALE COVER
Late 40’s – 50’s. Must sing, no instruments required. Will cover the following roles:
– ROBERT – Conor’s father. Unhappily married, worn down and financially strapped. Prone to angry outbursts as he loses control of his own household.
– BROTHER BAXTER – The head of an Irish Catholic public school in Dublin. Consumed by maintaining status and control as it slips away. Sharp wit and great charm. Extreme insecurity covered
YOUNG FEMALE COVER
Late Teens to Early 20’s. Must sing and be proficient on guitar and have basic piano skills. Will cover the following roles:
– RAPHINA – An aspiring model with very little to go on. Her exterior is incredibly cool and confident, which masks the complicated, vulnerable, damaged person underneath. She has lived a rough life and tries to cover it – with varying degrees of success. Desperately wants to be older than she is.
– ANNE – Conor’s sister. The ‘brains’ of the family. Stoic and strong. Under immense pressure to succeed. Finally explodes and steps out of the role she’s been forced into.
OLDER FEMALE COVER
Late 40’s to 50’s. Must sing and be proficient on piano. Will cover the following roles:
– PENNY – Conor’s mother. Ironic and funny, she’s trying to keep her family together. She’s frustrated and impatient, and manages through it with wit and sarcasm. She’s having an affair but no one knows, and until her marriage falls apart she’s trying to keep it together.
– SANDRA – Eamon’s supportive mother. Working class. An artist at heart. Funny and tough.
NO SM AND ASM POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE
Pearl Studios NYC (500)
500 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018-6504
Studio 409 (Holding Room), Studio 406 (Auditions)
Thursday, January 23, 2020
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Lunch 1:30 to 2:30
WHAT TO PREPARE
Please prepare a short song to sing and accompany yourself with your instrument (the required instruments for each role is listed below). Please bring your instrument with you – we will have a piano, electric guitar, electric amp, and bass amp in the room. Any style of music you enjoy is acceptable. For the role of the Older Male Cover – please prepare a short song to sing a cappella Please bring a picture and resume, STAPLED TOGETHER.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult