Historic Theatre Group
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402
Historic Theatre Group, LLC, a division of Broadway Across America, the nation’s leading producer and promoter of live theatrical events is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Head Electrician at the State Theatre.
- Responsible for the fabrication, maintenance, repair, placement, handling, relamping, setting, and any operation of lighting instruments, follow spots, electrical effects, projection equipment (motion picture film excluded), water effects, any electrical devices used on stage or used in association with productions, the hookup and cabling of any of the above, and any other electrical and electromechanical equipment or devices which interface with, operate, or control theatrical equipment.
- Responsibilities also apply to any and all production lighting systems, camera/video equipment and architectural circuitry, dimmer racks, patch panel, relay panel, electrical raceways, and lighting fixtures.
- The personnel of the Electrics Department under the direction of the Head Electrician will include the Assistant Electricians, Stage Electricians, Shop Electricians, Follow Spot Operators, Lighting Console Operators and Programmers, and Multi-Media Electricians.
- In addition to performance-related responsibilities, the Head of Electrics will be required for Employer-scheduled theatre maintenance duties. During any theatre maintenance hours at any of the Theatres, along with the Operations Coordinator and other Department Heads, the Head of Electrics will perform duties that include, but are not limited to:
§ Coordination of the technical needs of future performances at the Theatre,
§ Maintenance of heating, cooling and electrical systems,
§ Care and maintenance of theatrical stage equipment,
§ Protection of the Theatre from damage by temporary employees or traveling crews,
§ Minor repairs to the electrical and plumbing systems throughout the Theatre
§ Bulb replacement within the Theatre (with the exception of the marquee)
§ Repair of the theatre seats, door hardware, and the like,
§ Back-of-house painting and front-of-house touch up painting as directed by Employer;
§ Maintenance of sound and lighting equipment;
§ Set up, running and restore for small meetings and lectures
§ Transport of Employer’s theatre-related equipment from one of the Theatres to another as directed by Employer Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma required. College degree preferred;
· Passionate about the live entertainment industry;
· Experience in the theatre, music and live entertainment business;
· Willing to work a variety hours including evenings, weekends and holidays;
· Ability to lead a crew;
· Highly Organized with attention to detail;
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and personalities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner;
· Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communication on an interpersonal or group level;
· Knowledge of various types of stage machinery;
· Ability to solve problems and rethink priorities on the fly in a performance situation;
· Basic rigging, knots, and stagecraft;
· Ability to communicate effectively with stagehands, management and promoters;
· Ability to understand and troubleshoot electrical systems;
· Ability to coordinate multiple parts of a project, set priorities and follow through in a timely manner
Physical Requirements: (Per the I.A.T.S.E Local 13 Collective Bargaining Agreement)
· No physical restrictions noted by any doctor, nurse, physical therapist, or any practicing person in the medical field. (Individuals who are injured in any way should not accept work with the Historic Theatre Group). Workers must be able to walk, sit, bend, and squat.
· The worker must be able to lift 50 lbs. overhead.
· The worker must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in a physically demanding setting which may include all kinds of weather.
· The worker must be able to work at heights up to 80 feet. This will include work on the theatre’s grid, box booms, cove areas, and any other area within the building that a show may need to complete work.
· The worker must be able to work on ladders and personnel lifts without restrictions. This includes knowing the safe and acceptable methods of working on this equipment.
· (The worker must have a general proficiency in methods used for hanging soft goods and scenery.
· The worker must have a general proficiency in methods used for setting up /striking video equipment.
· The worker must be able to have a general proficiency in methods used for setting up/striking sound systems and associated equipment.
· The worker must at minimum be able to effectively use the following knots:
· Clove hitch, bowline, and bow (shoelace knot).
· The worker must carry the following tools (minimum equipment): pocket knife, crescent wrench, and flashlight. Other tools such as a hammer and multi-tool are recommended to have on hand as well.
· The worker must be able to effectively communicate and take direction from the operation coordinator, department heads and traveling road crews and work in a safe and effective manner.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Broadway Across America strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
January 10, 2020 –
I.A.T.S.E. Local 13
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE
800 LASALLE AVE, Suite 120
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016f-917a-d8bd-a7ff-db7a3f090000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.