Managing Director (Elevator Repair Service Theater)
Elevator Repair Service Theater
New York, NY 10012
Elevator Repair Service Theater (ERS), a New York-based theater ensemble, is currently seeking a Managing Director. ERS is a non-profit repertory company founded in 1991 with an annual budget of ~$1,000,000. Managing Director will join an administrative staff of 7.
The Managing Director will be responsible for administrative leadership, providing oversight of organizational structure, multi-year planning/calendar management, budget creation and oversight, and day-to-day administrative operations. Additionally, the Managing Director will be the primary point of contact for all production and presentation negotiations. The position may occasionally require limited out-of-town travel, including travel out of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the Artistic Director to establish long-term priorities.
· Lead the organization in multi-year planning and focus the team around priorities.
· Establish and maintain systems and processes that ensure smooth communication and streamlined workflow.
· Draft, negotiate, and execute all legal agreements (in collaboration with ERS attorney) including contracts with producing partners, presenters, personnel, and vendors, as well as license agreements.
· Manage the new-hire process and facilitate human resources administration (with the assistance of the Finance Manager and outside HR consultant.)
· Manage and negotiate facilities agreements including office and storage leases, and work with stage manager to coordinate rehearsal space rental.
· In collaboration with Finance Manager, evaluate and secure all necessary insurance policies
· In collaboration with Finance Manager, create and maintain production budgets and work with Stage Manager, Associate Producer, Production Manager, and Company Manager to ensure accurate projections and tracking.
· In collaboration with Board of Directors, Artistic Director, Director of Development, and Finance Manager, participate in the creation of annual budgets, with responsibility for earned income and production expense projections.
· Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including presenting partners, board of directors, and major donors.
· Negotiate with unions.
· Directly manage the Office Manager, dedicated intern(s), and volunteers recruited to assist with administrative projects.
· In collaboration with full staff, contribute to the general marketing campaigns, annual appeal creation, and gala planning.
Our ideal candidate will be:
· Knowledgeable about contemporary performance and the current performing arts landscape, domestic and international (including festivals and contemporary arts organizations).
· Comfortable managing multiple assignments while working in a small, collaborative office environment.
· Able to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
· Committed and passionate in promoting the company and its mission.
· Be comfortable in a casual and flexible office environment working in close proximity to other staff.
Bachelor’s degree and leadership experience in nonprofit management required.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to the form listed below. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]. WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS THROUGH JANUARY 30, 2020
Elevator Repair Service Theater is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hr…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.