Box Office Associate
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC’s performing arts programs present emerging and established artists in music, dance, theater, and multidisciplinary performance to broad audiences from Brooklyn and throughout New York City, and support the development of new work. Signature programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Performing Arts Festival, which presents more than 25 free performances each summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell, BRIC JazzFest, BRIC House Sessions, and our multi-genre commissioning and residency programs, including BRIClab, and BRIC Artists-In-Residence.
Key Qualifications & Purpose of Position:
BRIC seeks Box Office Associates with demonstrated box office experience to manage box office sales, will call, and settle sales for all performing arts events at BRIC, including concerts, dance performances, work-in-progress showings, and more.
· Before performances: open box office via Eventbrite platform, print and organize tickets as needed, prepare cash drawer, and prepare physical space to receive guests
· During performances: sell tickets through Eventbrite, distribute printed tickets, check in patrons for entry, direct patrons and answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and liaise with Front of House Manager and Producer/Event Manager on duty
· After performances: close box office including settling all cash and credit card sales with Producer, clean up and shut down box office desk, and prepare Box Office Reports
· Other duties as directed
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Prior experience working in the box office of a performing arts center, venue, or festival
· Excellent knowledge of Eventbrite or other ticketing system
· Ability to
o multi-task, work efficiently, and maintain pleasant and professional demeanor when under pressure
o deal effectively with various personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise, and firmness
o work independently
· Availability to work nights and weekends
Salary and Schedule
$20/hr, schedule as needed based on events, shifts are 4-8 hours
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Box Office Associate. Please write a brief cover letter outlining your previous box office experience in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.
February 1, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016f-6833-dcd6-adef-6a7b71f40000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.