Assistant to Set Designer
Port Washington, NY 11050
ASSISTANT TO SET DESIGNER
We are seeking an experienced, multi-talented ASSISTANT to support our SET DESIGNER for our growing Photo Studio.
Please, only apply to this position if you have theater/film experience and you are passionate driven for this type of work. Under supervision from our Art Director and Photography Manager you will assist our Set Designer to fabricate semi-permanent, temporary interior walls and other architectural features for existing and new room sets for photo shoots. Addition to provide support for our Set Designer, you will be asked to do various tasks between installations such as setting up room shoots, moving rugs and furniture for our photo team.
In the past thirty years Safavieh has come a long way from an artisan family business to a high-tech corporation with very sophisticated operations in terms of manufacturing and distribution. We’ve grown from one showroom on Madison Avenue to become an international player with two million square feet of warehouse space and our own manufacturing facilities on three continents. We now drop-ship thousands of packages daily to end-use customers on behalf of our retailers in all 50 states, plus Canada, South America, Europe and Asia.
We serve every channel of distribution, from big box stores to multi-unit chains to designer showrooms with the right products and price points to build their businesses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Support Set Designer with fabrications
· Maintaining power tools
· Keep clean, organized and safe work environment
· Maintain/touch-ups for existing room sets and props
· Keep all product inventory, materials, tools labeled and organized
· Additional help to assist stylist with specific installations on set as needed
· Organizing rugs and furniture
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in theater/stage building experience
· Basic Fabrication, prop building
· Basic Carpentry building skills
· Painting skills
· Must able to lift minimum of 50lbs and above
· Strong work ethic
· Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to problem solve efficiently
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Effectively communicate with others with positive attitude
· Full Time position
· Monday to Friday
· Benefits – medical, vision, dental, 401K, paid holiday
· Job location is in Port Washington, NY and company is providing free bus shuttle pick up/drop off at the LIR, Port Washington station for the employees who commutes from the City.
January 6, 2020 – December 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016f-5795-dc87-afef-5ffdee530000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.