Office Coordinator, part time
Western, CT 06901
Theatre company seeks a part-time Office Coordinator. Individual will impact our culture by creating an office experience that reflects our mission and values. If you’re passionate about helping people, have a can-do attitude, have great ideas about how to continuously improve the office experience, and love rolling up your sleeves to get things done, this role is for you. Anticipated part-time hours can be scheduled based on applicant availability during normal business hours.
– Create a warm, welcoming, calm, and professional atmosphere in the office
– Leave a positive impression of our company for guests, vendors, and neighbors alike
– A pride in the appearance, tidiness, and organization of the office environment
– Manage day-to-day office tasks: tracking andordering kitchen/office inventory, answering phones, sending and receiving packages, distributing mail, etc.
– Help to brainstorm, plan, and coordinate office outings, happy hours, birthday celebrations, etc.
– Provide administrative support to staff as needed
– Be an expert on existing office systems, assisting other staff to use office equipment and services
– General database data entry and maintenance
– Supervise equipment use, supplies, and maintenance
– Prepare expense reports
– Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree -or- -2+ years comparable work experience in theatre, arts administration, or a creative office environment
– A people-first attitude with an “I’ll take care of that” and “Let me find out” outlook
– Proactive in both the fast-paced and down-time days; comfortable rolling with the punches.
– Innovative and curious; always looking for ways to improve a process or make someone’s life easier
– Capability to solve problems cheerfully, with timely follow-up
– Extremely organized with excellent time management, including prioritizing tasks from multiple sources
– Ability to thoroughly complete tasks with minimal supervision
– Ability to master and follow organizational systems already in use
– Ability to work with a sense of urgency
– Quick grasp of instructions with minimal repetition
– Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
– Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Valued but not required skills and experience:
– Sense of humor highly recommended
– Familiarity with database work
Physical demands: the employee must occasionally stand, walk, sit, use hands to manipulate objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
January 27, 2020 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016f-4b0e-dc87-afef-4b7e947d0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.