Business Development Specialist
NEW YORK, NY 10001
There are a lot of arts organizations in North America and not all of them have heard of Spektrix yet. That’s why we’re looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our small but steadily growing sales team. This role will ultimately be helping to spread the word about everything we’re doing at Spektrix to contribute best in breed software and support for arts organizations. You’ll do this primarily through a combination of outbound calls, networking and relationship building across the arts industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Outbound calls to organizations that haven’t spoken to us yet will be a crucial part of this role, so you’ll need to be comfortable talking to individuals that aren’t familiar with our company and creating a relationship from scratch.
- The easiest conversations you’ll have will be with organizations that already know about us, so it will be important to network with our existing client base and the wider arts industry to establish relationships. Some of this will happen organically and some of it will be tactical as you plan your outreach efforts in particular regions where organizations might already be engaged.
- We aren’t a high pressure sales team so if someone isn’t ready to evaluate a new system yet it will be your job to respect their wishes but also keep in touch in a mutually meaningful way. That way, when they are ready to evaluate systems, we’ll be front of mind and already know a lot about their needs.
- Our mission is to help arts organizations reach the broadest range of audiences through better ticketing, marketing and fundraising software. As such, it’s essential that you have a genuine passion for, or experience in, the arts. That could mean you are a former performer, musician, director, stage manager, arts administrator, or even an avid arts consumer. Above all though, you must have sincere connection to our clients’ work and want a hand in shaping success for the arts industry.
- You love meeting new people, talking to them, listening to their stories and finding common ground. Likewise people genuinely love talking to you and look forward to your conversations.
- Just like every audition won’t land a role, not every outreach effort you make will be successful on the first attempt and, as a result, it will be critical that you aren’t afraid of rejection and have a consistently positive disposition
What we’re offering
- $40k – $50k base salary
- Company paid medical and dental insurance as well as a matched 401(k).
- Regular career coaching and development
- You must be eligible to work in the US
Equal Employment Opportunity
Spektrix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. Team members across the People Team, Employee Engagement Group and Senior Management at Spektrix dedicate time to ensure this is maintained.
HOW TO APPLY