The New Group
New York, NY 10001
The New Group, an award-winning, artist-driven Off-Broadway theatre company, is seeking an experienced Hair Supervisor for our upcoming production of Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, to be performed at The Linney Theatre located at The Pershing Square Signature Center (480 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036). Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice is written by Jonathan Marc Sherman, with Music and Lyrics by Duncan Sheik and Choreography by Kelly Devine. Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice is directed by Scott Elliott.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– organizing and loading in hair and make-up equipment, materials and supplies
– setting up the hair and make-up work area and dressing rooms for performers
– attending all technical and dress rehearsals, previews and performances as scheduled
– creating and maintaining run sheets
– styling and maintaining performers’ hair styles and assisting with make-up requirements in line with the design of the show
– working with Wardrobe Supervisor to preset costumes and execute costume changes
– assisting Wardrobe Supervisor with some alterations and repairs
– assisting with scene changes that may involve props hand-offs
Start Date: January 6, 2020
End Date: March 29, 2020
Salary: $750/week with overtime after 40 hours
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Hair Supervisor and Dresser. Candidates should be well-versed in styling hair and hair care, with a good working knowledge of sewing and stitching skills. Make-up experience is an advantage.
Candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and at the same time collaborate well in a fast-paced environment.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “HAIR SUPERVISOR” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. For more information on The New Group and Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, please visit: www.thenewgroup.org
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and people of color, immigrants, veterans, differently abled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.
January 6, 2020 – March 29, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.