Touring Audio Engineer-Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed
• Direct and supervise local audio crew during load-in and load-out
• Call the truck pack in the truck, working in conjunction with the Master Carpenter and Technical Director who call the pack from the deck
• Work with local A1 to ensure house system is properly tuned prior to sound check
• Perform sound check with actors prior to each performance
• Execute live mix of all mics and show tracks throughout performances
• General maintenance of tour audio equipment, including Shure wireless transmitters and receivers, Countryman B6 elements, and Yamaha QL1 console
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on equipment while on the road, to be shared and discussed during production meetings
• Maintain audio show files as needed
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
• Lend assistance to other departments when available
• Share in driving responsibilities with touring company. Tour travels in 15 person passenger vans.
• Must have prior touring experience
• Must be proficient as a FOH audio engineer
• Must have experience mixing on a Yamaha QL1
• Must have experience setting up MIDI
• Must have Dante experience
• Must be proficient with Shure wireless microphone systems and coordinating RF
• Must have comprehensive experience with QLab 3 or 4.
• Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must pass a background check
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre.
Additional Information: Position runs January 2020 through June 2020 with possible layoffs. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $1000.00 +. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
HOW TO APPLY