Intern, Special Events and Corporate Sponsorship
School of American Ballet
New York, NY 10023
The School of American Ballet (SAB) is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible individual to support the operations of a dynamic department. The ideal candidate is interested in gaining real-world experience in event production, fundraising, patron and corporate relations, database management, and arts administration.
SAB was founded in 1934 with a mission to prepare dancers for professional careers in ballet, and has trained over 17,000 students and produced more professional dancers than any other school in the United States. Located at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, SAB is the official, yet independent, school of the New York City Ballet. Alumni fill the rosters of New York City Ballet and over 85 dance companies worldwide.
The Special Events and Corporate Sponsorship department raises more than $2.4 million annually from four major fundraising events and an evolving corporate relations program. The team also oversees the planning of several board and staff events throughout the year. This position offers hands-on experience in fundraising and event production.
This internship is a paid, part-time opportunity with flexible hours and opportunities for growth and mentorship. The desired time commitment is 15-20 hours/week, and the position is compensated at $15/hour. Benefits include access to SAB events and select New York City Ballet performances. The position will run from January 16 through early June.
· Assist with the administration and production of two major fundraising galas: Winter Ball – March 9, 2020, and Workshop Performance Benefit – June 1, 2020
· Aid the Assistant of Special Events and Corporate Sponsorship with the administrative needs of the department including but not limited to mail merges, envelope stuffing, data entry and filing
· Create weekly acknowledgement letters and ensure appropriate completion of donation recognition materials
· Participate in the drafting, proofing, and finalizing process for corporate proposals, reports, templates, and general correspondence
· Create and distribute benefit related e-blasts using MailChimp and ThankView
· Research prospective corporate sponsors
· Other administrative duties as necessary
· Ideal candidate has an interest in fundraising, event planning, or the arts
· Professional demeanor, good organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
· Willingness and ability to work well with others
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Polished written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient use of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet research skills
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp and/or ThankView a plus
· Must be able to lift 25lbs, some nights and weekends may be required
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the email subject, “Intern, Special Events and Corporate Sponsorship.” No phone calls, please. The School of American Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SAB is committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
January 7, 2020 – June 5, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jbrown…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.