Senior House Manager
PARK AVENUE ARMORY
New York, NY 10065
Overseeing all Front of House Operations the Senior House Manger is responsible for the smooth operation of the house. He/she/they will create and sustain a positive customer experience for patrons, visitors and guests of the Armory. This position is responsible for recruiting, training and motivating a strong team of Front of House staff to insure the highest level of customer service and for coordinating with various departments at the Armory to ensure that the front of house standards are met on all levels.
· Oversee front of house operations for all Park Avenue Armory programs and events, including Drill Hall productions, recitals, artist studio performances, and public programming
· Create and maintain budgets for front of house operations
· Hire, train and oversee front of house personnel
· Create front of house plans and staffing for all Armory events, incorporating needs from other departments.
· Attend regular production meetings and represent any front of house considerations to the production team
· Schedule and oversee all concessions offerings in the front of house
· Review all production needs with the facilities staff in advance of each performance. Monitor to ensure that all tasks are complete as planned
· Predict audience flow and adjust plans accordingly, create and submit all applicable work requests.
· Provide mentorship / oversee the Armory’s high school usher program in coordination with the Armory’s education department.
· Create a culture where front of house staff act as ambassadors for the Armory and confidently connect patrons to the services they need, while educating them about Armory offerings in a welcoming and friendly manner.
· Develop patron-friendly policies that promote positive and ongoing relationships with the Armory
· Encourage the frontline staff to take ownership of the customer experience and provide staff with the tools to resolve customer issues in an expedient manner
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 10 – 15 years’ experience in Front of House Operations including supervisory experience
· Proficient in the MS Office suite
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· A sincere enthusiasm for the broad range of performing and visual arts events produced at the Armory is essential.
November 19, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016e-85c2-de9e-a97e-bfe6682f0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.