Production Designer (Project Hire)
Walt Disney Theatrical Productions
New York, NY 10036
Disney Theatrical Productions operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
The role of Production Designer is part of DTG’s Creative Services department providing creative resources for The Lion King, Aladdin, and Frozen with a primary focus on the domestic touring productions.
A successful candidate must have a depth of creative knowledge, tasteful design aesthetic, excellent communication skills and proven experience producing high quality content. They should be highly skilled in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop who possesses a creative and collaborative spirit. They must also be quick and efficient, and have a strong ability to receive and apply feedback.
- Create print materials for local markets of the U.S. Tours and Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Frozen.
- Create supplemental graphics and artwork for tour materials, including digital media, social content, emails, key art resizes, and advertisements.
- Create assets that are built to spec, on time, and are print and build ready.
- Participate in layout sign-off, press proofing, and color proofing.
- Review and design materials for brand and style guide accuracy.
- When required, draft and maintain style guides for new campaigns and update style guides for existing titles.
- Responsible for maintaining history of previous layouts and following approved routing process.
- Actively participate in the creative workflow process to gain maximum efficiency in the review and approval of materials.
- Organize and maintain digital files for easy and clear access for stakeholders.
- Responsible for cataloging and ingesting all materials in Digital Asset Management System.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- 3+ years of experience (branding a plus)
- Possess a creative and collaborative spirit with versatile design aesthetic that can accommodate multiple styles and projects.
- Efficient and quick working individual with commitment to create excellent work.
- Ability to receive feedback from multiple stakeholders and execute notes thoroughly.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
HOW TO APPLY