Assistant House Manager
Reno Productions, Inc dba Westside Theatre
New York, NY 10036
The Westside Theatre, a commercial Off-Broadway Theatre, seeks applicants for a position as Assistant House Manager for Little Shop of Horrors, currently playing in our Upstairs Theatre (270 seats).
The Assistant House Manager is responsible for ensuring that patrons and guests have a safe, relaxed, and pleasant experience at the Westside Theatre. Excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to coordinate with WST administration, box office staff, production staff, and ushers is a necessity. Schedule includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays. This is a full time position.
- Responsibilities include: Coordinating with house manager, box office, and production staff to ensure safe and efficient management of entrance and exit of patrons from the venue each performance
- Working with Operations Manager and House Manager to develop and execute procedures for Front of House Operations, including safety checks and house rules
- Responding to audience questions and concerns, troubleshooting and resolving customer service issues with patrons
- Working with Shubert Ticketing to maintain ticket scanner system, understanding operation and troubleshooting of scanning devices
- Keeping constant communication with House Manager, making note of any patron incidents or issues while keeping detailed report records
- Having an overall general understanding of building operations
- Scanning tickets for performances, assisting with late-seating or re-admittance
- Additional event/rental managing as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or General Manager
Applicants must be detail oriented, self-motivated, calm under pressure, excellent at customer service and communication, and collaborative. The ability to quickly think on one’s feet and execute tasks in an efficient manner a plus. Obtaining or possessing a FDNY F-03 Certificate of Fitness is required upon hire. Previous Front of House or theatrical experience preferred, . Must be available evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Position is full time with benefits, including paid time off, health insurance. Anticipated start date is early December.
Please send resume, a brief cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. PDF format preferred. Please include “ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER” and your name in the full subject line. Deadline for submissions is November 17, 2019. No phone calls please.
December 1, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.