Assistant Box Office Manager
NEW YORK, NY 10036
Theatre Row, a program of the non-profit Building for the Arts, is an Off-Broadway multi-theater complex in the heart of the Theater District that serves as an affordable home for performing artist organizations, and a lively, accessible venue for diverse audiences.
Located just two blocks from Times Square, Theatre Row’s six theaters are rented by over 100 theatre and performance arts companies each year, bringing over 165,000 patrons to Theatre Row annually.
Theatre Row acts as the box office for all of these theatre and performance arts companies.
Theatre Row is seeking a Part Time permanent Assistant Box Office Manager. The Assistant Box Office Manager helps to set the tone for positive customer service experience for Theatre Row patrons and theatre companies.
The Box Office is open daily from noon to 6pm; and until 30 minutes past last curtain on nights with performances. There are evening performances 6-7 days a week and 2-3 matinees weekly. The Box Office staff is a mix of full time and part-time employees including three assistant managers.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Box Office Manager include but are not limited to:
· Selling and issuing tickets using the STAR (Telecharge) ticketing system.
· Providing assistance to patrons including answering questions about the shows and the facility.
· Supervises the Box Office Associates when the Box Office Manager is not working. Provides extra training to staff, as necessary.
· Daily duties include maintenance of the box office records, weekly and daily reporting, collection of cash and check payments made at the Box Office Window, and closing-out/finalizing performances on a nightly basis by running and signing off on reports.
· Helps to communicate Box Office procedures and policies to General Managers, House Managers and Company Managers when the Box Office Manager is unavailable.
· In the case of emergency, the Assistant Box Office Manager assists the House Manager with crowd control and is responsible for communicating procedures to the Box Office Staff.
· Responds to a high volume of emails for current and upcoming shows.
· Runs “will call” and assists with customer service questions and issues, including taking on the second window to assist with pick up and sales.
· Answers calls from Telecharge customer service representatives and communicates changes or updates in policy to the Telecharge help desk
· The Assistant Box Office Manager reports to the Box Office Manager
§ 1-2 years experience in box office or house management
§ Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
§ Familiarity with both commercial and non-profit theatre best practices.
§ Ability to work under pressure.
§ Familiarity with Telecharge or other ticketing systems preferred.
§ A team player.
§ Passionate about theatre arts.
Salary is $16/hr with up to 20hrs a week.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “. Resume and Cover Letter should each be one page or shorter and highlight applicants abilities in customer service and the STAR ticketing system. Please do not send a headshot. No calls will be accepted.
Theatre Row is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment or employment on the base of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Theater Row is a program of the non-profit Building for the Arts (www.bfany.org).
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to emma…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.