New York, NY 10036
Position: Purchasing Assistant
Location: Lyric Theatre (current home of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway)
The Purchasing Assistant is a support to the Purchasing Coordinator who is responsible for daily food & beverage purchasing and receiving operations as well as the implementation and execution of related systems which includes order processing (food and non-food), the creation and distribution of daily purchase orders and inventory control. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven, responsible individual who has an eye for detail & accuracy and can work well in isolation. The Purchasing Assistant will report to the Venue Operations Manager at Lyric Theatre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help manage inventory levels to maintain pars with a strategic approach to avoid overstocking and running out of product
- Maintain regular communication with all managers to support daily needs of the venue
- Receive and sign-off on all food, beverage, consumable and Playbill deliveries
- Organize product storage spaces, ensuring accurate placement of each product
- Distribute products to each selling space prior to shows/events, recording distribution accurately
- Maintain regular stock control and product rotation in storage and selling areas
- Oversee daily re-stocking of products while managing support team
- Conduct weekly inventory counts and assess product needs
- Coordinate and fulfill product audits when necessary, calculating precisely
- Maintain clean storage & selling areas and good working equipment, flagging items needing repair and organization
- Report all product breakages, reporting discrepancies and patterns of loss to management
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures to ensure we meet health code and minimize the risk of injury and accidents
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional organization and a good mind with numbers
- Excellent personal communications skills with demonstrated ability to support teams of people
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift or carry up to 40 pounds
This position is a part-time non-union salaried position, is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume to InfoLyric@theambassadors.com. Please place ‘Purchasing Assistant’ and your name in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to InfoLyric…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.