Associate Director, Customer Experience
New York Philharmonic
New York, NY 10023
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies as well as with its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and as a resource through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive.
The New York Philharmonic seeks an Associate Director, Customer Experience to help create moments of delight and satisfaction for Philharmonic audiences. Working as a partner with other departments to ensure consistency and satisfaction throughout the entire customer journey, this role is essential to nurture lasting relationships between the Philharmonic and its audiences. In addition to providing world-class customer experiences, the Associate Director of Customer Experience will lead internal training focusing on the Philharmonic’s core principles of customer service.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Manages Customer Experience (CX) initiatives, developing memorable experiences across the customer journey.
- Manages the Surprise & Delight program from day to day setup to high-level strategic analysis.
- Provides analysis and reports recommendations for ongoing improvement of existing CX initiatives, development of new initiatives, and when necessary, conclusion of existing CX programs.
- Identifies challenges and opportunities for improvement to audience experiences at NYP performances.
- Conducts and develops Guest Service training in collaboration with Lincoln Center.
- Manages merchandise fulfillment through online channels and front-of-house kiosks.
- Partners with Marketing, Artistic, Operations, and Education to coordinate front-of-house experiences at David Geffen Hall.
- Serves as interface with Lincoln Center for front-of-house experiences.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in customer service and at least 3 years in CX management. Proficiency with MS Office; outstanding written and oral communication skills required. Working knowledge of Tessitura strongly desired.
The ideal candidate needs a willingness to roll up their sleeves to execute minor details, while also pursuing large-scale initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit. Experience at an arts organization and knowledge of classical music preferred. Ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to [email protected].
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to resumes…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.